Step 1

NEXT STEP

Liked Playlists not showing in Library

Solved!

Liked Playlists not showing in Library

Country

France

Device

Desktop (both App & Browser), Samsung Galaxy (One UI 6)

Operating System

Windows 10

My Issue

When the heart button became a (+) button, I suddenly could not add liked-playlists to my playlist lists. The issue is still up to date days later.

Here is what happens chronogically:

1. The "Liked Titles" glow up when I click on the (+) icon of a PLAYLIST, as if I just liked a song (weird!), but inside nothing gets added. Then, under the playlist, a pop-up writes "Added to the Library." (See screenshot right).

2. In Library, the liked-playlist show up in "Recent" but not in "Playlists". (So it behaves as a history rather than a liked-playlist. See screenshot left)

3. In Library, if I move the liked-playlist from "Recent" to "Playlists", it makes a copy of the original playlist under my account name (which defeats the purpose of liking the playlist in the first place, as it won't be updated per the original author. See screenshot on center).

The steps I've made to try to solve this:

* Unliked and liked again different playlists, several times (on different days, different hours).

* Cleared cache, logged off/in, uninstalled/reinstalled apps.

* Changed devices, tried new browsers.

Nothing works!!! Could not find any solution on the community or online either!

I'm starting to think this is a Spotify glitch, and not on my end.

How can you help me, please?

Liked-playlists_glitch_Spotify.png

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Hey there, welcome to the Spotify Community!

If I understand the issue correctly, you are having trouble saving items to your library. When you save them, they appear in the library but not when you switch to the playlist filter.

I can see in the screenshot that you have saved an album. Epidemic Presents (first screenshot on the left). And you are trying to find it in the playlist filter.

When you move it or drag and drop it, it creates a copy of the album for you as a playlist. This is another feature where you can drag and drop items to your library. This is why in the middle screenshot the album is saved as a playlist.

In the third screenshot, looks like you tried saving the album again. I suggest you open the album filter instead and see if the saved item is visible or not. If that does not work, please share a screen recording of the issue with your device and app version.

There is a complete guide for this new library UI that you can check out here to know more about how to browse around the new sidebar.

Keep me posted.

AmayySpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

View solution in original post

5 Replies
Marked as solution

Hey there, welcome to the Spotify Community!

If I understand the issue correctly, you are having trouble saving items to your library. When you save them, they appear in the library but not when you switch to the playlist filter.

I can see in the screenshot that you have saved an album. Epidemic Presents (first screenshot on the left). And you are trying to find it in the playlist filter.

When you move it or drag and drop it, it creates a copy of the album for you as a playlist. This is another feature where you can drag and drop items to your library. This is why in the middle screenshot the album is saved as a playlist.

In the third screenshot, looks like you tried saving the album again. I suggest you open the album filter instead and see if the saved item is visible or not. If that does not work, please share a screen recording of the issue with your device and app version.

There is a complete guide for this new library UI that you can check out here to know more about how to browse around the new sidebar.

Keep me posted.

AmayySpotify Star

Hey @AquaFlash,

Thanks for reaching out and kudos for the detailed description and the troubleshooting you've already tried.

We've checked this on our end, however, we weren't able to reproduce the behavior. To rule out any account issues, would it be possible to create a new account for testing purposes and see if this happens there as well?

Let us know how it goes.

MihailYModerator
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

Hello @Amayy, thanks very much for your detailed reply!

About the issue: yes, everything you wrote was accurate.

Your answer made me realise something: this is an ALBUM, and not a PLAYLIST. For some reason, I thought an album would behave like a playlist...?? So I checked the album filter like you said, and every item is indeed saved!

Thank you very much for clearing this up!! The issue was on my end after all.

I will mark this thread as solved.

Have a nice day 🙂

Hey @MihailY,

Thanks very much for taking the time to check this and reply here, I really appreciate it!

To answer about the issue: the reply of Amayy on this thread made me realise the playlist was actually an ALBUM, and not a PLAYLIST. So the problem was indeed on my end...

This was probably caused by the "Multi-interpreter" parameter that prevented me from seeing the author of the album (since there are many), and made me confuse it for a playlist.

Again, thanks for reaching out, and I will mark this thread as solved.

Have a nice day 🙂

Thanks for confirming @AquaFlash. Happy Listening. 🎵✌️

AmayySpotify Star

Suggested posts