Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

FAQs

Please see below the most popular frequently asked questions.

Loading article...

Loading faqs...

Ongoing Issues

Please see below the current ongoing issues which are under investigation.

Loading issue...

Loading ongoing issues...

Liked Songs Showing Up on Artist Page But No Songs Liked - App

Liked Songs Showing Up on Artist Page But No Songs Liked - App

Okay so I was going to organize my liked songs last night. I moved them all to a new playlist and unliked them so they no longer show up in my Library. For some reason, when I got to P!nk's artist page on the app, it shows 105 liked songs when none of them are liked. I can like them and the number doesn't change but if I go to the albums and like them individually, the number increases. It never goes below 105. I don't know how to get them to go away when they're not liked in the first place yet the app thinks they are. No matter how many times I log out and delete the app, this still shows up (see attached). Now when I got on the desktop version, there are no liked songs listed under P!nk's name. Why is this doing this and how do I get it to go away on the app?

Plan

Premium

Country

USA

Device

(iPhone 8+ (issue), Macbook Air)

Operating System

(iOS 14)

78D3E999-662C-4AB3-B8BD-9830E06443BB.png
3 Replies

Hey @paperthinwords,

Thanks for searching for the answer you need here.

Just to make sure that we're on the same page - this happens only on your iPhone, right? If the songs are unlinked and you tap on the Liked Songs, what does the app show? We'd appreciate a screenshot of that section.

In any case, we recommend you log out everywhere and run a clean reinstall on all your devices, this involves deleting the cache files of the app and will force a account wide resynchronization of your info. You can have a look at this guide for the steps relevant to each device. The steps there a different from a regular reinstall and make sure that no damaged leftover files remain.

Keep us posted! We'll be happy to lend a hand if you need more help. 

Mihail Moderator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

Thanks! Actually I figured it out this morning. Years ago I had liked albums and since there has been multiple updates to Spotify, for some reason only on the app it would show Liked Songs underneath the Artist Page (these are from when I liked the album in the past) but if you go to the Liked Songs Playlist, clearly it's blank on the app and on the desktop. I have to unlike all of the albums under the Albums section for that part in the screenshot to go away.

Hi @paperthinwords

Thanks for getting back to us! 

We're glad to hear that you were able to sort this out. This is currently an expected behavior of the mobile app. 

We really appreciate your feedback and will make sure to pass it on to the right folks, as we always strive to improve your experience. 

If anything else comes up, you know where to find us. 

Cheers!

NovyModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a "Like".
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

Suggested posts