Premium

Country

UK

Device

iphone 14, Apple Watch 9

Operating System

iOS 16

My Question or Issue

I have an issue whereby my listening history is not updated when playing Spotify tracks through an offline playlist from my Apple Watch.

For a little context, last year I did quite a bit of running between Jan-April and this would have equated to around 80-90 hours of listening time.
As I use stats.fm to track my listening habits, I noticed a big increase of listening last March, which I eventually realised was a big import of offline data (this was obvious due to the tracks played and the fact that they were all recorded at exactly the same time). However, whilst my listening history did get this import, it certainly only covered around 30-40% of the offline listening I had played.

So, I know that it is possible, but I just have no idea how to ensure that it is done.

Another example is that I have played spotify offline for at least 4 hours already since the start of the year (more running!) and none of that has appeared in my listening history.
I have tried things such as force closing the app on both the watch and the phone, but this makes no difference.

So can anyone provide any assistance on how I can ensure that this data is fully recorded in my listening history?

Any help appreciated!

1 Reply

Hey @GarethGenePool,

Thanks for reaching out! 

Since the tracks are being streamed offline on the Watch, they won't be registered in the listening history on other devices. The offline listening time should, however, still be counted towards the total listening time for the year.

We hope this clear things up! Cheers.

MariaModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a "Like".
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

Suggested posts