Country

United States

Device

Desktop

Operating System

Windows 10

My Question or Issue

Local Files Show Up and Can be Played, But Won't Download

A lot of questions on here ask something similar to what I'm asking, but aren't actually relevant to my problem. My problem doesn't necessarily have to do with not being able to sync/download to my phone or songs not appearing in local files, but instead it has to do with not being able to download at all via the green arow icon that would usually work to sync them. I understand why this could sound confusing so here's a screenshot illustrating what I mean:

Screenshot (4).png

Every song here except for the last one has been taken from local files, and none of them downloaded excluding the last one not from local files which I added from Spotify just as an example that it's only the local files not syncing. You can tell from the little white arrow blip next to the song that it downloaded. So far I've tried restarting and updating my computer, logging in and out of Spotify, adding a different source folder, readding the original source folder, using a different playlist to import, exempting Spotify from Windows defender, uninstalling and reinstalling Spotify, and redownloading the songs to no avail. Note that I am still able to press play on each song and listen to them. The problem is I want to be able to listen from my phone as well which requires I sync everything on desktop first. It used to work but suddenly doesn't anymore, but at least the songs I did sync before are still playable on my phone, however they were undownloaded from desktop Spotify which is really odd.

1 Reply

Hey there @B00ceMaster1

Thanks for reaching out about this here in the Community. 

Just to make sure, have you tried following all the steps here

If so, we recommend trying with a different network, for example creating a hotspot on your phone and using that to check if that makes the difference.

Let us know how it goes.

EniModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.

“Music acts like a magic key, to which the most tightly closed heart opens.”– Maria von Trapp

Suggested posts