Step 1

NEXT STEP

Local Files sync but won't download on mobile

Local Files sync but won't download on mobile

Plan

Free/Premium

Country

Device

(iPhone 8, Samsung Galaxy 9, Macbook Pro late 2016)

Operating System

(iOS 10, Android Oreo, Windows 10,etc.)

My Question or Issue

The songs I add on playlists on desktop app shows up on mobile app, but they won't download. Every other songs do, but local files don't. This applies to all local files so the folders aren't the problem. I have tried all the instructions found online and on this forum but nothing works. Everything is updated, I have deleted and re-installed the app etc. 

5 Replies

Hey @BrutalUnicorn,

Thanks for reaching out about this in the Community.

Sometimes connection restrictions can cause this issue.

Try creating a mobile hotspot from your phone and connect both you phone and the PC to that network. 

After that, try to re-upload the files on your computer and download them on the phone.

Keep us posted on how you get on with this.

AlexModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

Hello, sorry but I already use mobile hotspot everytime I use my PC, still not working.

Hey @BrutalUnicorn,

Thanks for getting back to us 🙂

Could you try with another network to see if anything changes? 

It's also a good idea to check this article and give the steps mentioned there a go if you haven't already. 

If you've already tried these steps or some additional troubleshooting steps, let us know. That way we'll able to avoid any repeating steps.

You can also send us a video recording if what you're seeing. We'll look into this further.

Keep us in the loop! If you have questions, you know where to find us.

Ver Moderator

Hi, I have tried all those, right now using another wifi too. When I try to download the local file I put into a playlist on mobile, it downloads all the songs that Spotify already has, but the local file just gets a little "!" in a cirlce where the symbol showing that the song has been downloaded should be.

Hey @BrutalUnicorn,

Thanks for keeping us in the loop 🙂

Just to double-check- is the app running on both devices when you are trying to download them?

It's also important to make sure that the local files are in a supported format.

If nothing changes, could you send us a video recording of what you're seeing? We'll investigate this further.

Keep us posted! We'll be right here if you have any questions.

Ver Moderator

Suggested posts