Premium

Country

US

Device

Windows PC & Google Pixel 2

Operating System

Windows 10 & Android Version 10

My Question or Issue

I have some songs on my Windows PC that I would like to be able to play on my Pixel 2. I allowed local files on my desktop Spotify app and then created a new playlist. I dragged and added the songs from my local files to the playlist. I then opened the Spotify app on my phone. The playlist I created appeared in my library. I then pressed the download button to sync the playlist to my phone. It starts to download and then seemingly completes. However, the songs in the playlist remain faded and will not play. Trying to play the playlist results in a message that says "This song is not available." I have looked very thoroughly for other solutions to this problem and tried and retried everything they suggested. I did that whole process with both devices connected to my home WiFi, and then again with my PC connected to my phone's hotspot. I uninstalled and then reinstalled both my desktop and phone Spotify apps, but the problem still remains. I cannot seem to figure out what I am missing, I have followed the instructions to the letter multiple times. If it is relevant, the playlist only has 9 songs on it, so it is not simply a result of the playlist being too large. My phone has over 35 gigs of available storage space. Please let me know what else I can try or if any further clarifying information is desired. Thank you.

1 Reply

Hey there @KringofSparta

Thanks for reaching out - we’re here to help!

What you can do as a first step in such a case is to change the source location of the local files on your PC. Simply create a new folder in a different directory on your device and move your local files to this folder. Then just delete the old folder used for the local files. Now you can try importing the files to your mobile device again. 

Also, check out this help page for further tips on how to manage your local files. Here you’ll find useful info on format requirements and permitted file sources. 

If it doesn’t do the trick, we’ll provide you with further help. 

We'll look out for your reply. 

Suggested posts