Premium

Country

USA

Device

Desktop

Operating System

Windows 10

My Question or Issue

I tried to bulk-unlike (1000+) songs from my 'liked songs' list because they were full albums and I didn't want the clutter in there anymore. I unliked everything before 2016 but it somehow also deleted all my liked songs up to a week or ago. I've lost a lot of music I will never find again.

3 Replies

Hi Bluxgore,

Thanks for posting in the Spotify Community!

There is unfortunately not a way to undo removing songs from your “Liked Songs”; however, you can contact Spotify Support and ask them to restore your Liked Songs to be how they were at an earlier state. Bear in mind that Support is unfortunately experiencing significant delays due to the COVID-19 pandemic.

You can also check this similar thread, where another Spotify user had this issue as well and was able to restore their Liked Songs to an earlier state by contacting Spotify Support.

Let us know if this works for you, as well as if you have any other questions.

Have a good day!

AdamDamSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

I use the SongTagger app (B. Alkin / github) - I synchronize songs there every day. If I accidentaly unlike a song (which happens very rarely), I have a 1 day old backup of my songs ( and even a backup for every day for the last weeks because I do daily incremental backups of my hard drive. ). In the rare event that I have lost a song by removing a like and do not what song it was, I would have to either manually compare the spotify like list and the songtagger liked list (do NOT synchronize songtagger after the mistake/after you have found your lost song). Or I could export /fetch the current database of songtagger, then synchronize songtagger and then export the database/fetch it agian, and use a compare tool to compare the two - which will yield the removed song.

So you get the sqlite file from the song tagger directory on your hard drive.
you read it with the app from https://sqlitebrowser.org/
then with that app you export it to a folder that you create, as CSV format. then you look at the tracks csv file. rename this tracks csv to "trackslist-that-has-my-lost-song".
now you can synchronize songtagger and repeat the steps to a second new folder.
you can now compare the two tracks files in excel or open office or libre office, and/or use a compare tool such as winmerge or beyondcompare to compare the track name lists.

Suggested posts