Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

FAQs

Please see below the most popular frequently asked questions.

Loading article...

Loading faqs...

Ongoing Issues

Please see below the current ongoing issues which are under investigation.

Loading issue...

Loading ongoing issues...

Lyrics are missing for free users

Lyrics are missing for free users

on spotify it is showing i need premium to see lyrics 💀💀

Top Answer
Maria

Hey there folks,

Thanks for posting on the Community!

We're monitoring this thread and keeping an eye on all your feedback - it doesn't go unnoticed.

Cheers!

224 Replies

since around august last year most songs don't have lyrics. for example foreign by playboi carti has lyrics but magnolia doesn't. and i know it did have lyrics before. i switched accounts and the other account had lyrics but mine doesn't. ive switched devices and used the web player but i haven't found any fixes

Are premium users also not able to see the lyrics?

How do I get the lyrics

i live in sweden and listen to swedish music and i always see the lyrics, but when i listen to english music there is never a lyrics but i ave seen on tiktok there is a lyrics to thet song

Babes same, my friend has premium and they are available for her. Is it because I’m poor?💀

Funny, how greedy the world has become. First of all, you have got free music without paying the artist. And now you want more freebies. How low can people stoop.

i dont know about the OP, but this happened to me for the last couple of days, and no, its not on some songs..  the microphone icon for the lyrics is totally gone from the desktop app..  i reinstalled, to no avail

This is ridiculous! I refuse to pay for lyrics on an app that's supposed to be about music. Having a music app that doesn't allow people to read the lyrics makes no sense. Spotify needs to get their act together and fix this problem ASAP! It's completely unfair to their users.

why is Spotify doing new "premium" lyrics?

why is Spotify making lyrics available to premium users I've been using Spotify for a year now and I've never had to have premium for lyrics. now I have to? this is outrageous I will stop using Spotify and tell everyone including my friends and family who all use Spotify premium.

this is so disgusting move. spotify is slowly turning into **bleep**.

This is f***ing stupid. next thing we know is that we have to pay for premium to pause a song 💀

srsly, spotify. fix your platform. your not getting new premuim users with this, your just losing your users

I was just listening to music and I want to view the lyrics and it said I needed to have premium??

I was just looking at it for free

Spotify please fix this

Also others just search up the song on Google and it I'll give you the lyrics

I was just looking at the lyrics for a different song and now I need to pay for Spotify premium ???? what is this??

for others just go to Google and search the song you want and it will give you the lyrics.

genuinely bs dude spotify does not give a damn about its users 💀 this is not gonna get them more subscribers all its gonna do is make people switch over to youtube??

it just reached the web version of Spotify. this is ridiculous **bleep**

we should all boycott Spotify while this happens so they never do it again

WHYYYYYYY

Yeah it's a premium thing now. Honestly stupid. Hate it.

tbh ima be straight the needing premium for lyrics was the dumbest idea to ever put like why? it ruins the experience for people 

iim not using Spotify anymore this is to far I understand some things it was great the way it was but charging for lyrics?! now your just being greedy this is so annoying I'm moving to apple music because honestly I feel like this is a senseless cash grab and soon people are gonna realize that honestly Spotify I'm so disappointed

Suggested posts