Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Most Listened Artists Show Wrong Artists

Most Listened Artists Show Wrong Artists

Hello,

My most listened artists this month page never includes some of the artists I most listen to, but it has some of the artists I don't listen that much. 

I also track what I listen to in Last.fm, so when what Spotify shows and what Last.fm shows don't align, it bugged me. 

For example, I listen to JIN the most, and if anyone is supposed to be shown in my most listened artists this month section, I know it's supposed to be him. But Spotify never shows him and instead shows people I do not listen to at all. 

Here is my Last.fm scrobbles (which is connected to my Spotify account), my most listened songs section in Spotify and also my most listened artists this month section. They are in Turkish, so I apologize for that in advance.

starspangledjed_2-1651926995854.png

(Most Listened Artists This Month, doesn't include Jin at all, but includes Red Velvet and Loona which I don't listen at all.)

starspangledjed_1-1651926861939.png

(Most listened songs this month, you can see Jin is at top. He needs to appear on most listened artists.)

starspangledjed_3-1651927101176.png

(And this is my scrobbles for artists on Last.fm. You can see they don't align with Spotify at all.)

I hope this is fixed, and it doesn't affect my Spotify Wrapped. Thank you. 🙂

Plan

Premium

Country

Turkey

Device

Spotify Desktop App

Operating System

Windows 11

2 Replies

Hi there @moonlore,

Thanks for reaching out about this in the Community.

We can't guarantee that 3rd apps like Last.FM will show the same stats as Spotify or what would appear in Wrapped, since they use different algorithms. 

Note that Spotify won't count listens when you listen to music when in Private Session.

We know it might be inconvenient to not always see your favorite artists at the top your Top Artists, however there is no manual setting you can adjust to influence this. Note that if you skip songs, even if it's 2 sec before the song ends, that won't count towards your total stats.

Hope you find this info helpful.

AlexModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

Hello,

I understand Last.fm might not be the same as Spotify, but how does a song appear in my most listened (considering the data is collected by Spotify) but the artist never appears in my most most listened artists? The data is collected in the same way. 

Anyway, thank you for answering. I hope it will be resolved soon though. 

Suggested posts