Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

My playlist says it has more songs than it actually does

My playlist says it has more songs than it actually does

Premium

USA

iphone 6

my playlists say they have a lot more songs than they actually do and the number keeps going up. I was wondering if I hit 10K will I still be able to add songs to that playlist. Or is there any way someone can reset the number of songs

11 Replies

Hi @Hudson0406 

When you reach the limit, you will get a notification. But now about the wrong numbers, by any chance do you have some hidden songs? Go to this link to learn how to undo hidden songs.

Keanu_C

Keanu_CSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

I am pretty sure the problem is because I sometimes listen to some slowed and reverbed songs and some times they get taken down and the songs are removed from my playlist. However, the number of songs in my playlist stays the same despite them being taken out.

There is another way to see if the unavailable songs are what is causing this. If you launch Spotify on your computer and go to the settings and under display, there is a function called "Show unavailable songs in playlist". If you turn that on it should show if those songs are what is causing the mismatch number of songs in your playlist.

Keanu_CSpotify Star
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

I have this problem as well and there are no hidden songs on my playlist. I even tried removing the songs and then adding them back, but nothing worked. I'm so confused why I have 3 extra songs that are just not there. It's weird and really annoying. Is there no other way to fix this?

I don't have any hidden songs that I know of and hidden songs are viewable for me, but I still have 3 extra songs that are nowhere to be found. I even removed all of the songs to be sure I wasn't going crazy. It says 3 songs at the top of the playlist when the playlist was clearly empty.

Hi there @dakyeong,

Thanks for reaching out.

We see that you also posted on this thread and we're helping you there and some info was requested to further look into this. Let's keep the conversation going on that thread to avoid any mix-ups.

Cheers!

EniModerator

“Music acts like a magic key, to which the most tightly closed heart opens.”– Maria von Trapp

Hi, I've also been having this issue on both my MacBook Air and iPhone 13. One of my playlist says it has 18 more songs than it actually does. I've tried logging in and out, deleting and reinstalling, toggling the hide unplayable songs in settings, and hide/show local files. Nothing works, the issue is highly irritating

Hey @Zhangnancy99,

Thanks for the post.

We'd recommend copying the songs from that playlist and transferring them over to a new one. This can be done easily using the Desktop app.

Hope this helps.

AlexModerator
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

Hey its the same for me. It always shows 2 more songs than I actually have. I cant find these songs although the other unavaiable songs are displayed to me. I dont know if there is an solution  think we should just ignore it.

Hi @dezhl0gd2ecnkse2xwqj!

Do you remember adding local tracks to the playlist? If yes, it's probably some leftover local tracks that are causing this. It's best you try what @Alex has suggested above and start fresh.

The Community is always here if something else comes up. Cheers!

YordanModerator
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a "Like".
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

i also have the same problem

Suggested posts