Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

New Releases section is not updating

New Releases section is not updating

Hi there.

Since the summer, on both my desktop and ios app, then New Releases section has failed to update. 

I live in Romania, and my Romanian friends have the same issue. 

I'm on a premium account. I use a Macbook Air, and iPhone6 with uptodate operating systems. I have uninstalled and reinstalled on both platforms and nothing. 

Help, please 🙂

Screenshot 2020-01-09 at 13.21.02.png
9 Replies

So, I'm guessing the chances of someone from customer services replying are slim to none?

Hi there @user-removed,

Thanks for reaching out to the Community!

If you're having trouble seeing any updates in the New Releases section, it'd be great if you could try the following first:

• Try connecting to a different internet connection to stream music
  • Restart your device
  • Try listening from a different device to see if that section updates
  • Make sure that the app and your device's software is updated to the latest version available (you can also try a quick reinstall of the app with these steps)

Let us know how this pans out 🙂

XeniaModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

Hi  @ 

As I mentioned in my original post, I have uninstalled and reinstalled, checked on multiple platforms, used my home and work internet, and always used the most updated version; and still, I have the same issue.

I really want a solution ASAP. I can't be the only one with this problem? 

Hello again @user-removed,

Thank you for confirming this is happening on multiple devices.

Would it be possible for you to create a new account and check if this will give you a different view of the New Releases section?

In the meantime, you can check out this page if you're looking for the newest releases available on Spotify.

Hope this info is useful. Keep us posted.

XeniaModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

Hey @

@Xenia

@spotify

As with many things Spotify, there has been no word from a developer or someone who can give me a better response other than the standard 'switch it on and off again' trope and the issue still remains: no new music on the app since mid-2019. 

Sadly, I will cancel my membership and move to Apple music. 

Thanks for all the fish.

Screenshot 2020-04-08 at 13.53.40.png

Spotify have a problem with new releases section and don t have a solution, only**bleep** answers! Solution: quit and go to other stream service!

Same issue happens to me over the last year.

It reproduces on all devices, so uninstalling/updating doesn't work.
I miss this feature and as mentioned above, i'm also considering removing my account and moving to another streaming app

Suggested posts