Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

New UI can't load my profile at all. Makes Spotify desktop crash.

New UI can't load my profile at all. Makes Spotify desktop crash.

Plan

Duo Premium

Country

Device

PC

Operating System

Windows 10

My Question or Issue

Desktop app can't load my profile since the new UI update. App crashes before I have time to even check the preferences. The web player loads my library but only until the order is changed, then shows "Something went wrong" error (img shows this).

I have a big library and I think the new UI can't take it. If I could at least stop Spotify for forcing the update on older versions I'd be okay, because I don't think you can fix this if you keep this awful update.

Here's what I've tried:

- Change Hardware acc., same result.

- Uninstall/Reboot/Install non-Windows Store version, same result.

- Log with another person's account: Worked for the other person.

spot.jpg
8 Replies

Hey @Huothar,

Thank you for reaching out to the Community and welcome. 

We appreciate all the info you've included in your message. We understand you’ve already tried some troubleshooting steps including reinstalling, but to be sure that we're on the same page - did you use the steps for a clean reinstall mentioned in this article?

If so and the issue persists, we'd recommend clearing any entries which contain Spotify from the host files on your computer. To do so, you can follow the instructions in this post (even if it's a different issue).

Also, make sure you don't have any active VPNs that may affect the proper behavior of the app.

Lastly, include in your next response the Spotify version you're currently running to continue investigating the case.

We'll be on the lookout.

OscarDCModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

Yes, that's how I uninstalled (quite standard procedure). I don't use VPN and hosts file is unaltered. 

Windows Store version 1.222.982.0

Hi @Huothar,

Thanks for the reply. Try opening the webplayer in an incognito window and see if that changes anything. Does it also work normally across other devices on other networks?

Keep us posted.

JoanModerator
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

Hello,

Same result on incognito window. I mean, it does load the library again but only until another option other besides 'recents' is selected (I just can't select alphabetical order at all).

Yes, I've tried running Spotify desktop on other networks and it's the same result, app crashes immediately just in my account. Same result on other PC except in linux. 1.2.22.982.g794acc0a works without issues on Zorin OS (just discovered this).

Hey @Huothar

Thanks for your reply. 

Based on what you mentioned, it sounds like the issue is account-related. 

Keep in mind that performance issues can occur when handling very large playlists. In this case, we suggest splitting your large playlists into smaller ones to avoid any issues related to this. 

Let us know how it goes. 

EniModerator
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.

“Music acts like a magic key, to which the most tightly closed heart opens.”– Maria von Trapp

Hello Eni,

But in that case, why would it work on linux (an older PC with inferior hardware btw)? 

Nevertheless, I'll try to split or delete my large playlists. I guess I could use the account backup to retrieve them back.

Nothing worked. This is a situation of FYIP. Awful update. 

Happy new year. My profile still crashes Spotify desktop in Windows 10.

Suggested posts