Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

No Longer to hide unplayable songs after New UI Update.

No Longer to hide unplayable songs after New UI Update.

Plan

Free

Country

Thailand

Device

Desktop

Operating System

Windows 10

Issue

After new UI Update, Option to Hide unplayable songs now it gone

and No Longer to hide unplayable songs

Before new UI update it can enable/disable to show unplayable(Gray out) songs In playlist, but it only in my playlist(Effect only in my crated playlist or bug?)

You Can Hide unplayable songs in Settings > Playback > Show unplayable songs, but now it gone

Note : I did not use local-file

Anyone have way to hide unplayable songs in New UI Update?

7 Replies

Hey, @MrCatZaa 
Welcome to Spotify Community and thanks for reaching out here!

Unfortunately, this option is not present on the desktop app. However, feel free to submit a new idea requesting this feature. You can get the step-by-step of the submission process here:

As a workaround, you have the option to hide or show unplayable songs on your mobile app. Here is the how-to:

1. On the home screen, go to Settings
  2. Scroll down and find the Playback field
  3. You can enable or disable the option "Show unplayable songs"

If you have any other further questions or need more help, let me know! I'd love to help!

Best Regards,
Luan

LuanSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

I Already disable "Show unplayable songs" on mobile app,But it still show unplayable songs on desktop app

Desktop version is : 1.1.56.595.g2d2da0de-a

Hey again, @MrCatZaa 

Checking in the backstage, it's indeed an expected behavior. The option was removed on the new Spotify app for desktop and now unavailable songs are shown as default on desktop.

For more information about the new Spotify app for desktop, take a look here.

If you have any other further questions or need more help, let me know! I'd love to help!

Best Regards,
Luan

LuanSpotify Star
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

Why would anyone remove a feature that was useful when the users can easily just switch it on or off via settings and no one was ever annoyed by it? Stupid ugly new UI. I hate it. Tablet design stretched to fit the desktop app while removing all the useful features! What a big piece of garbage.

Are there any reasoning behind the removal of this option?  It is ok that default is that way, but no option to turn it off, that makes no sense at all.  Why has this been removed?  To me it makes no sense at all...  In general, the new update is probably the worst update I have seen of any software ever, and this comes from a guy who has used computers since 1992.   Please repair this app, as it is now, it is almost making me feel ill.

Hi there folks,

Thank you for your posts and feedback.

We're always testing things by adding or removing features to make Spotify better overall and we’re constantly aiming to improve our features. We’re sorry that this means you’re not able to use Spotify like you wish to do at the moment.

The best way to provide your feedback for the new desktop version is to head over here

Once again - thanks for the feedback, we appreciate it. Let us know if we can help you with anything else. 

Take care!

JeremyModerator
Live, love, laugh and listen to music 🙂

which means, that only on popular demand this option would be given..
is there a specific reason they removed the option to hide these songs? 
perhaps to prevent shadowbanning?      artists who do not create paywalls are allow some of their songs in public and use  do be heard more in social media..      practically shadowbanning those who want to get money the old way..   
so i get it..   the fear of disappearing from the public forum..      those who do hybrid, social media and selling products tend to be the best protected from the volatile monatary system of social media and their regulations, and being able to survive from their arts, which they enjoy and want to be immersed in as much as possible forgetting the troubles of the world together with as much people as possible

Suggested posts