Premium

Country

Brazil

Device

Samsung Galaxy S21 Ultra)

Operating System

(Android 12, One UI 4.1)

My Question or Issue

I can't use the search function on my Liked Songs playlist when the "enhance" feature is on. I think it would be useful to have it so one could search for any identical versions of the same song already added to their playlist, just to avoid any duplicates. I've heard about the "Spotify Dedup", but I'd prefer to just not add duplicates in the first place.

Is this standard?

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Hi there @Gustavocb,

Thank you for reaching out to the Community.

We can confirm that this is expected behavior. However we do appreciate your feedback as we're always trying to develop and always want our users to have the best experience as possible.

Hopefully this clarified things 🙂 Let us know if we can help you with anything else.

Take care!

JeremyModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Live, love, laugh and listen to music 🙂

View solution in original post

8 Replies
Marked as solution

Hi there @Gustavocb,

Thank you for reaching out to the Community.

We can confirm that this is expected behavior. However we do appreciate your feedback as we're always trying to develop and always want our users to have the best experience as possible.

Hopefully this clarified things 🙂 Let us know if we can help you with anything else.

Take care!

JeremyModerator
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Live, love, laugh and listen to music 🙂

Hello,

Can I ask what the logic behind this behaviour is? I would think that searching and enhancing need not be mutually exclusive actions. Is it an indexing issue or something like that?

Thank you

Hey @EO8,

Thanks for your reply.

We understand where you're coming from and we appreciate your comments on the matter. We really appreciate your feedback; we know you want to make the best out of your listening experience. At the moment this is not possible and we don't have any further info to share on this matter, unfortunately; but we understand you want to see this implemented on the app. We've passed your feedback to the right team.

We hope you found this helpful. Let us know if you need anything else. 

AlejaRModerator
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.

I love the Enhance feature so much. It's helped expose me to so much more music based on my playlist.
However it becomes frustrating to use once your playlist gets too big. For some reason, you can't filter your playlist or search through it when the Enhance option is on.
This makes no sense to me. Why wouldn't I be able to sort through my playlist because of one option? It wouldn't be a problem if you were given the option to add a recommended song on the page that shows which song is playing, but you don't get that option. Instead you need to scroll constantly to find the song you want to add or remove. It's an even bigger hassle when you use it on a phone.
Please let us search through an Enhanced playlist and add songs easier.

Dude thank you I was getting so **bleep**. Why they would take away a search function while shuffling is beyond me. 

I've noticed this issue too - search functionality is not available when a playlist is enhanced. This presents a pretty significant usability problem for me with large playlists. My workaround is to turn off enhancements in order to allow searching to work, then turn them back on when I'm done searching. In addition, the UI does nothing to make it clear that the playlist enhancements are preventing the search bar from showing up. I had to engage in some unwanted detective work to find why the search bar was missing.

Can you clarify why this is expected behavior?

I agree, it's definitely an important usability feature. I noticed it also doesn't work on the web version either. Having come from software I can understand the backlog and the mounting priorities. This one should probably move closer to the top if it isn't already as an enhancement.   

You removed the Radio function, and that's fine. But I can't understand the logic behind choosing to prevent a song from being searched when playlist optimization is on.

If I'm listening to my optimized playlist, and at some point I want to add an existing song in the queue, I have to scroll through the entire playlist to look for it. What if I have a playlist of hundreds of songs and I can't remember what position it was in? 

What kind of conflict can there be between searching for a song and an optimized playlist?

No offense, but this really makes no sense.

Plan

Premium

Country

Italy

Device

Desktop App

Operating System

Windows 10

My Question or Issue

mah.png

Suggested posts