Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

FAQs

Please see below the most popular frequently asked questions.

Loading article...

Loading faqs...

Ongoing Issues

Please see below the current ongoing issues which are under investigation.

Loading issue...

Loading ongoing issues...

Order of songs mixed

Order of songs mixed

Plan

Premium

Country

Norway

Device

Everywhere

Operating System

Everywhere

My Question or Issue

I used a long time to figure out how to move 5000 songs into a new playlist. But i have them all copied which is a lot of work cause thats a problem in itself. I decide to paste them into my new playlist. After ive done that they are all added at the same time! Everything is fine until i turn on recently added which is my standard sorting function. When i do that they are all mixed/sorted after name of the album. I have used a long time to just be able to move my songs over, have a system and make my life easier. Any help would be appreciated. So the issue is how to get your songs in the right order even when choosing recently added. I could just move every single one of those 5000 songs over seperatly but id rather not.

4 Replies

If you move all the songs to a new playlist then they'll all have the same "date added" timestamp which explains why they're out of order. You can't move the timstamp over from one playlist to another.

If i edit songs it only affects custom and not recently added filter. Which is a another of my problems. Fixong recently added to be customizable would be a huge benefit for me and many others. My playlist has 5000 songs and i cant seperate them cause that would make my life way too messy. So if i dont use recently added i would have to scroll a long way down every time which is painful

I highly doubt that Spotify will ever make recently added/date added customizable.

Hi there @Chameleon1234,

Thank you for your post here in the Community.

Can you let us know which version of the app you have?

It would also be great if you can provide us a screen recording so that we can have a closer look directly from your end. 

We'll keep an eye out for your reply.

Cheers!

JeremyModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Live, love, laugh and listen to music 🙂

Suggested posts