Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

FAQs

Please see below the most popular frequently asked questions.

Loading article...

Loading faqs...

Ongoing Issues

Please see below the current ongoing issues which are under investigation.

Loading issue...

Loading ongoing issues...

Playlist out of order - Samsung TV

Playlist out of order - Samsung TV

Plan

Premium

Device

Q80a samsung smart tv 

My Question or Issue

I use Spotify daily on 3 devices. When I make changes on one, like reordering my playlist, all devices sync. Around June I did a big clean up of my library using desktop. Incorporated folders, played some super old playlists, deleted heaps of old ones as well. I’m not sure if the shake up was related but around that same time my Samsung Tv library became incredibly out of order.

Samsung tv does not have options for manually managing order (custom sort). It has always just stayed sync with how how I set things on my phone. I have uninstalled / reinstalled tv app and it makes no difference. I have all old playlist sitting at top. Since whatever happened in June these playlist stay more relevant than even new playlist that are being made on my phone. Again tv app does not have tools to make playlists, rearrange or do anything other than search view play basically.

Why has my Tv stopped syncing to my other devices? I have noticed two updated to the app since this started. I’ve reached out on boards but gotten nowhere.

my firmware is up to date on tv. 

4 Replies

Hey @againstme,

Thank you for reaching out here in the Community. 

We'd suggest that you try logging out and then logging back in twice in a row. This will force a sync between your device and the account.

In case the issue persists, we'd recommend restarting your devices and your router to make sure everything is synced up.

Hope this helps. Let us know how you get on 🙂

LyubkaModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.

Hello I have logged in and out twice and reinstalled, I’ve reset my router and nothing has changed on TV

please advise 

So I also want to clarify on one thing. 

I’m taking a closer look today. I thought possible things got mixed up partially due to a clean up as I am seeing some really old playlist up top (on tv only). I thought perhaps a moved folder got pushed to the top. However the playlist I’m seeing are super random and are not in order with any specific folders or together with other playlist from

their folders. so I’m leaning towards moved folders is not the issue here. 
ha this may sound very confusing. 
I also thought maybe it pushed some of the older playlist to the top becuase I possibly played something from them during clean up. However I tried playing some other older playlist today and it did not affect the order , so I have ruled that out. 

I have noticed now another update to the tv app since I posted this. There as also an update around the time this initially happened.

I can’t find any correlation as to why these playlists are so out of sync. 

Hey there @againstme

Thanks for getting back to us. 

Would you mind sending us some photos of what you're seeing on your TV in comparison to how it looks like on other devices? You can attach them to your next response by using the Insert image option in the post editor. Make sure not to send any private info.

On another note and just to confirm, you mentioned that this started happening after a firmware update of your TV, did anything change with the latest update?

We'll be on the lookout. 

EniModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.

“Music acts like a magic key, to which the most tightly closed heart opens.”– Maria von Trapp

Suggested posts