Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Please no more Connan

Please no more Connan

How can I ban Connan Mackasin from playing on my auto-radio every. single. time.

I love spotify's algorithm just as much as the next person to help me discover new music that is sometimes creepily good. However, over the past year I believe I have discovered a bug in the algo that means without fail Connan Mackasin's song Charlotte's Thong comes on within the first 10 songs. This has begun to drive me completely insane as not only is this song trash but I have now had to listen to it unwillingingly every time I put on a playlist. PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE can there be a way to ban this song from ever coming up again or just fix your algo. Thank you.

4 Replies

Hey there @jgodding

Thanks for reaching out - we’re here to help!

Make sure you get the latest Spotify app version on your device by performing a clean reinstall. Follow the steps here on how to do this.     

Once you're ready, open Connan Mackasin's artist profile on your mobile device and click on the three-dot menu located at the top right. You'll see the option Don't play this which allows you to ban the artist from playing. 

Keep us posted! We'll be happy to lend a hand if you need more help.  

no sir... there is no option like that.
i see "don't play this" in only radio lists. it's not in artist page.
i'd like get this option in windows player too.
i really get tired of ban Lindemann songs. i want full ban to him

like this

sad.png

Hey there @sadoerdem,

Thank you for the reply.

In this case you need to do it through your mobile device.

Can you confirm if you see the option on your mobile?

If not - it would be great if you could provide us with a screenshot of what you can see on your mobile.

Keep us posted.

Cheers!

Suggested posts