NEXT STEP

Podcast Will Not Play On Anything But Mobile

Podcast Will Not Play On Anything But Mobile

Plan

Premium

Country

USA

Device

(iPhone 11, roku tv, chrome, xbox one, etc...)

My Question or Issue

I can play podcast on my phone, but not my work computer, my personal tv, my personal xbox, my personal fire stick. It will not play podcast unless its on my phone. I have even tried to send it to that device from my phone and it will not load it.

13 Replies

Hi @Hayden55,

Welcome to the Community and thanks for reaching out!

Does this issue occur when trying to play a specific podcast or with all podcasts in general? Could you also let us know what troubleshooting steps you've tried so far so we avoid repeating them?

If you haven't already try logging out and logging in again (you can also logging in to a friend's or a family member's account, if possible), as well as switching to a different network to see if that makes a difference.

Keep us posted on this.

Cheers!

YordanModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a "Like".
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

Yordan,

So far I have logged in and out spotify on the work computer. The work computer is at work so its on a separate connection. I have tried my standard ones and some random ones and it won't let me play any of them.

For test i sent music to it from phone but tried a pod and it still didn't work.

Hey there @Hayden55

Thanks for getting back to us.

Could you let us know if this is only happening when you're using the Connect feature?

On another note, would you mind asking a friend or a relative to log in to their account in your phone and check if the issue occurs using a different account?

We'll be on the lookout.

EniModerator
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.

“Music acts like a magic key, to which the most tightly closed heart opens.”– Maria von Trapp

with or without connect. Because i saw it wouldnt let me click on podcast so i swapped to my phone to try and send it over and it wouldnt work until i just played it on my phone. I will log in with others and see

Hey @Hayden55,

Thanks for keeping us up to date.

Let us know how it goes with another account.

Cheers.

AlexModerator
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.

Had there been a solution found for this? I’m having the same issue with the Spotify app for my Roku TV. It’ll play everything but podcasts, whether I follow the podcast or not. The time just runs and no sound comes out. 

Hi @Bobhboyd,

Thanks for your post.

Could you confirm that you've updated your Roku TV's firmware to the latest version? Make sure you're running Roku OS 8.2 or higher.

You can also try removing the channel, restarting your device, then adding the channel again.

Keep us posted on this.

Cheers!

YordanModerator
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a "Like".

Yes, my Roku is up to date. I believe the firmware is at 10.1

I have attempted to remove, restart, and replace the app many times.

Hi @Bobhboyd,

Thank you for your reply and confirmation. You've done a really good job with the troubleshooting so far!

Can you have someone log in with their account on - such as a friend or a family member to see if the issue persists? This will help us understand if it's account related or not.

We'll keep an eye out for your reply.

Take care!

JeremyModerator
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Live, love, laugh and listen to music 🙂

I’m having the same issue with playing podcasts on my Roku TV app. I’ve tried updating, logging out, uninstalling/re-installing etc and nothing works. I was able to play podcasts via connect or by searching on the Spotify Roku app the first week of January 2022 but by the 8th of January it would no longer let me listen to any. 

Hey everyone,

Thanks for the posts the information you've provided.

We've looked into this further and it seems that not all podcasts are available on all platforms.

There can be instances of some podcasts or episodes that are available on our Smartphone or PC apps, to be unavailable on third party devices or the web player. This is especially valid for video podcasts. 

We know this might sound frustrating, as many of us like watching podcasts on our TVs. Availability can change though, so something that is not playable today, can become available in the future. 

Hope you find this information helpful.

AlexModerator
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.

Running into this issue with Roku TV and Google Home, it works on Mac and iPhone though. I have tried everything provided on this app. The only thing that has changed is that I have moved to Canada from US and now I can't play podcasts on TV or Google Home. Please fix this soon, my usage of Spotify has dropped drastically since this issue began (~Feb 2022). 

Hi Alex, would you recommend reaching out to the podcaster about this (is it something on their end that isn’t allowing the third party streaming?) It sucks because some podcasts work on my Google Home, Smart TV, or when i try to connect thru my phone, and others won’t play at all unless it’s on my phone 😕 i like to listen while i work or clean 

Suggested posts