Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Podcast downloads keep disappearing

Podcast downloads keep disappearing

Plan: Premium

Device: Pixel 2

Operating System: Android 11

Ive been a premium subscriber for well over a year. This issue just arose in the last few months on the same hardware/phone Ive been using all along. Please note that I am 1) on the most up to date OS and app version; 2) I followed the Android pinned note and deleted and reinstalled the app from scratch before sending a message. Ive also deleted all my downloaded music to ensure that the issue is not the 10k file limit.

The basic issue I have is that downloaded podcasts disappear in ~24 hrs after I download them and go offline. I often go offline for days at a time. The podcasts are there at first (no issues), then they are there but I can only get to them thru the recent episodes (if I just go to the podcast page, it looks like it is trying to do an update and times out; see the attached for what this looks like), and then after about 36 hours, they are not accessible even thru recent episodes.

As soon as I go back online, the podcasts appear to redownload (they are not immediately accessible, the app is downloading a lot when I go back online) and then as soon as I go offline, this cycle repeats.

Downloaded music generally continues to work fine while Im offline.

The Pixel does not have an SD card and the storage is not corrupt (checked and also no issues with any other apps). Ive turned off the Android smart storage manager and it made no difference wrt this issue. I dont have any apps that are trying to monitor usage and trying to clean up my storage automatically.

It is hugely frustrating to plan in advance and download a bunch of podcasts for time when I know I will be offline and then all the downloads disappear within a day or so (certainly not close to 29 days before I have to go online).

Any ideas about what is happening and suggestions for how to resolve?

Thanks.

Screenshot_20210716-182419.png
3 Replies

Hi there @BobNC,

Thank you for reaching out to the Community and for the specific description.

Can you confirm that you followed the steps that's provided in this article? There's some more steps to help thoroughly uninstall the app from your phone so if you haven't, we'd highly suggest it since the steps will make sure there's no old cache files causing this.

If you did and the issue persists - we suggest that you contact our customer support and tell them that you need help removing any possible corrupt device. We can't remove them from our end since we don't have that access to your accounts.

Let us know how it goes.

Take care 🙂 

JeremyModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Live, love, laugh and listen to music 🙂

Hi. I redid the complete removal/reinstall since I did not recall cleaning out the cache and storage prior to the previous reinstall. However, there was no change in the behavior (downloaded podcasts are no longer accessible after about 24 hours).

Sounds like your recommendation in this case is to contact tech support directly?

Thanks.

Hi @BobNC,

Thank you for getting back with us. 

In this case, it's best to contact our folks from Customer Support as @Jeremy suggested, since they're able to access your account and take a deeper look at it. 

Cheers!

Maria_BModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.

“The music is not in the notes, but in the silence in between.” – Wolfgang Amadeus Mozart

Suggested posts