Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Problem playing imported local files on my phone.

Problem playing imported local files on my phone.

Plan

Premium

Country

USA

Device

Laptop/Firefox, Android phone

Operating System

Windows 7

My Question or Issue

I've successfully imported some local files on my laptop. I can play them on the laptop from within the Spotify desktop program. I've also created a new "Test Playlist" playlist and copied the imported local files into that new playlist.

On my Android phone, I can see the Test Playlist with the imported files in them. However all of the files are grayed out and are unplayable on the phone. Also, they cannot be downloaded to the phone. The laptop and phone are connected to the internet on the same WiFi connection.

I have uninstalled and reinstalled Spotify on both the laptop and phone. No joy.

Now the really interesting part. I took a close look at the Spotify settings on my phone. In the Devices section, "Show local devices only" is off, and tapping on "Connect to a device" shows both the laptop and the phone. However, if I turn "Show local devices only" on, and tap "Connect to a device," only the phone shows up. The laptop doesn't show.

On the laptop, clicking on the "Devices Available" button on the bottom right of the screen shows both the laptop and the phone.

I suspect that my problem with not being able to download and play those imported local files on my phone my be related to this, but I'm not smart enough to figure out how. Any troubleshooting ideas would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

1 Reply

Hey there @bigjohn222!

Thanks for reaching out to us!

Based on what you have tried so far, it's possible that issue is linked to your internet connection.

Can you try restarting your router to see if that makes a difference for you?

We'd also recommend giving this a try on a different network, for example you can start a hotspot of your phone and use that network.

Lastly, we just want to double check if you have the possibility to ask a friend or a family member to log in on your devices and give this a shot.

Let us know how you get on! We'll be here in case you have any further questions.

ElenaModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

Suggested posts