Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Public and private playlists stopped updating on profile

Public and private playlists stopped updating on profile

Recently the playlists that display on my Spotify profile stopped updating. Usually when I have set a playlist to be public, it would automatically show up on my profile, and when I privated a previously public playlist it wouldn't be displayed on my profile page anymore. Now all of a sudden the playlists on my profile aren't updating anymore.

I was able to add a new public playlist onto my profile by following the extra step three dots -> "Add to profile" but I find it odd that this wasn't required before. There doesn't seem to be a option to remove a private playlist from my profile unless I first set it to public, then go three dots -> "Remove from profile" and then private it again.

Is this a deliberate change on Spotify's part? I liked how previously I could easily check which of my playlists are set to public by just going to my profile but now this seems to be impossible.

1 Reply

Hey @user-removed!

Welcome to the Community and thanks for reaching out!

On the desktop app, you can make it so that all new playlists you create are automatically added to your profile. This is done under Settings > Social > Make my new playlists public.

When it comes to private playlists, yes, they're removed from your profile, since they can only be accessed by you.

Hope this clears things up. Cheers!

YordanModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a "Like".
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

Suggested posts