Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Question Help: hiding public playlists and the friend activity feed

Solved!

Question Help: hiding public playlists and the friend activity feed

I see we can choose to hide or show public playlists on our profile page, on top of already being able to make the playlists private. Knowing that making a playlist private will stop it from showing up for your followers in their Friend Activity feed, the question is: if I hide a public playlist (and keep it public) from my profile page, can my friends/followers still see when I listen to it? Or does it act more like a private playlist where it just shows them the album, artist, and song? Thanks!

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Hi,

Thanks for reaching out to the Spotify Community!

If you select ‘Remove from Playlist’, the playlist won’t be displayed under your profile, but will still be able to be seen by others through friend activity. If you select ‘Make Private’, then anyone who may have used or liked the playlist will not be able to access or see it under Friend activity. 

Hope this helps! Let me know if you have any more queries. 😄

Kind Regards,

BK

View solution in original post

3 Replies
Marked as solution

Hi,

Thanks for reaching out to the Spotify Community!

If you select ‘Remove from Playlist’, the playlist won’t be displayed under your profile, but will still be able to be seen by others through friend activity. If you select ‘Make Private’, then anyone who may have used or liked the playlist will not be able to access or see it under Friend activity. 

Hope this helps! Let me know if you have any more queries. 😄

Kind Regards,

BK

Awesome! That answers my question 🙂 just wanted to confirm that my friends could see my hidden public playlists on the activity feed when I’m listening to it without me having to make it fully public to anyone who goes on my profile. Thank you!

Has this behavior been changed? 

I used a second account to test this functionality. Currently, the name of the playlist only shows up under "Friend Activity" if it is made Public AND added to your profile.

I think the behavior that Bella_K suggests is more appropriate, and would like to see it implemented, but currently it is not the case.

Suggested posts