Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Random play in liked songs is not exactly random

Random play in liked songs is not exactly random

I really appreciate that the liked songs list exteded beyond 10,000, really thanks a lot for that, but I have detected something about the random list play.

If i hit Random, the random selects songs from the top list only. It doesnt matter if you filter the list by added date, or alphabetical song order or artist alphabetical order, at the moment you hit play random it goes to the top of the list and only moves in there  at the top to play songs. 

2 Replies

Hey there @Mikelot

Thanks for searching for the answer you need here! 

What you experience is a common issue occurring when the Spotify app requires the latest update. In such a case we'd recommend performing a clean reinstall of the app on your device as this makes sure you'll get the latest app version with all of its updated features. This will refresh the Shuffle play feature as well. Make sure you follow these steps to run a clean reinstall on the affected device.    

In case the clean reinstall doesn't help, try logging in with a different Spotify account on your device to check if it's an account-related issue. If it works with another account, you can follow the steps in this Spotify Answer next. 

Hope this helps. Keep us posted. 

I will reinstall tomorrow and let you know. Thanks.

Suggested posts