Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Random user adds songs to my playlists; Can't delete them

Solved!

Random user adds songs to my playlists; Can't delete them

Premium

USA 

There's a random user that is somehow adding songs to my playlists that I can't delete successfully. Once I remove it, the song immediately reappears. I suspect it's a bot trying to game Spotify's artist payout system. 

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Hey @addy134,

Thanks for the reply.

We've added a new feature recently where the playlist's owner can grant or remove permission to add / remove songs to collaborators. Once a user has been removed as a collaborator, they would remain as a member and can't change anything on the playlist. Here's how you can do that:

1. Go to one of the collaborative playlists you've created and tap the profile pictures under the playlist name. 
  2. Tap the three dots next to the user's name
  3. Choose Remove from playlist. Now they'll no longer be able to add or remove songs.

If you don't see this feature yet:

• Check if there are any updates available for Spotify in the AppStore / Play Store or (if you're on desktop), try downloading Spotify directly from our website.
  • Make sure the playlist was created by you. This feature is only available to the playlist owner.

Hope this info was useful. The Community is always here if there's anything else you need assistance with.

Cheers!

YordanModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a "Like".
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

View solution in original post

9 Replies

Hi @addy134 ,

Thanks for reaching out to the Spotify Community! 😄

The first thing I recommend you do is to follow the steps outlined in this thread, as it covers the various possibilities of why this may occur, and the subsequent fixes for them.

Let me know how that goes! I am happy to provide any further assistance. 

Kind Regards,

BK 🌻

Hey @addy134,

Thank you for reaching out to the Community and welcome. 

If another user is adding songs to your playlist, it's possible that the "collaborative" option is activated. When you create a Collaborative playlist, anyone with access can add, edit or delete songs from it. We'd recommend checking the playlist settings to verify if it's or not collaborative. You'll find all the information in this article.

Also, we'd recommend checking if the Enhance option is active as it could suggest similar songs within a playlist. you'll find the option on the top of the playlist in mobile. 

If the issue persists, would you mind recording a short video where we can see the playlist behavior? This will give us a better look at the issue to help you further. 

We'll be on the lookout for your next response.

OscarDCModerator
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.

Shouldn't the OP still be able to delete them in either case though?

I've never had any issue deleting any song from any playlist of any kind.

Hey @Dell_Ray,

Thank you for reaching out to the Community.

Just to make sure, did you check the article suggested by @BellaK_396? It covers most of the scenarios where songs could be added or deleted and a possible solution for it.

In case you haven't done it yet, we'd recommend taking a look here.

If you have any additional questions, don't hesitate to ask.

OscarDCModerator

Hello, 

The solutions you've suggested do not solve the problem, unfortunately. The person adding the song is not a third-party app I have authorized. I do have a collaborative playlist, but I have never shared the link publicly. 

I don't want to turn off the collaborative function. It seems unfair to require me that I give up the ability to make playlists with my friends just to avoid spammers. Can Spotify devs address this issue? 

To describe the problem in detail: There is a user (https://open.spotify.com/user/31jab6lzrv46syb2zvq7evcdcdza?si=35e4e68354794bf7) who is adding songs to one of my playlists. I'm able to remove her song from my playlist, but it immediately shows back up less than 2 seconds later...  I'm able to remove other songs on the playlist without any issue. 

Marked as solution

Hey @addy134,

Thanks for the reply.

We've added a new feature recently where the playlist's owner can grant or remove permission to add / remove songs to collaborators. Once a user has been removed as a collaborator, they would remain as a member and can't change anything on the playlist. Here's how you can do that:

1. Go to one of the collaborative playlists you've created and tap the profile pictures under the playlist name. 
  2. Tap the three dots next to the user's name
  3. Choose Remove from playlist. Now they'll no longer be able to add or remove songs.

If you don't see this feature yet:

• Check if there are any updates available for Spotify in the AppStore / Play Store or (if you're on desktop), try downloading Spotify directly from our website.
  • Make sure the playlist was created by you. This feature is only available to the playlist owner.

Hope this info was useful. The Community is always here if there's anything else you need assistance with.

Cheers!

YordanModerator
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a "Like".

This 'new feature is a nonsense. Why have I got some random adding songs to my playlist. 

The 'three' dots are not next to the user to remove. I have the most updated version. Playlist we have had for years is now ruined. 

Terrible innovation by Spotify. I delete then it re appears. Makes no sense!!  

Hi there @Jaygo88,

Thanks for the post.

Can you let us know if those playlists have been marked as Collaborative by you and shared with friends? This is the only way another user might add songs to a playlist you've created. 

If that's the case you can remove collaborators from that playlist. On the Desktop app they should appear as profile icons under the playlist title. You should be able to click on them and remove them.

Keep us posted on how you get on with this.

AlexModerator

Spotify has successfully gone too far to make this application be less friendly to users.

I do not even have an option to Remove a song from a playlist. And I am the only user.

Suggested posts