Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Recently Played hasn't updated in weeks or months, displaying one very old result.

Recently Played hasn't updated in weeks or months, displaying one very old result.

Plan: Family Premium / Duo (just switched)

Device: MacOS, iOS, Web Player

Operating System

Latest iOS, any web browser

My Question or Issue

When I open up Spotify the Recently Played item is out of date, and no new album, artist, or song interactions are updating. The problems seems to be at the account level because it's the exact same whether I'm using iOS, the web player, or the MacOS client. All versions of all of the things are the latest stable, up-to-date versions.

2 Replies

Hey there @ymous,

Welcome to the Community and thanks for flagging this to us!

If you're having trouble seeing any updates in the Recently Played section, it'd be great if you could try the following first:

• Make sure you weren't using Private Sessions on the devices having the issue.
  • Log out and back in.and restart your devices.
  • Check if you've got any cache clearing apps installed and make sure Spotify is set as an exception.
  • Try a difference connection.
  • Perform a clean reinstall of the app.

Since you say this is happening across devices, it'd also be great if you could try logging in to another account to see if you'll get a different result there. 

Hope this helps. Let us know how you get on.

XeniaModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

Hello,

I was not set to private sessions, but my Recently Played history has started is working – only after I enabled settings in the Social menu to share my recently played artists.

I don't want to share my music history with social media contacts. Why must I do this to see this info on my own screen?

Suggested posts