Announcements

Release Radar includes wrong artist with same name as desired artist

Re: Release Radar includes wrong artist with same name as desired artist

jeremycorbett
Gig Goer

So, the form for reporting these issues has been closed, apparently Spotify aren't responding to in-app reports, and @Mihail hasn't responded to this thread in over three weeks.

Have Spotify given up on the issue?

So what's the next step, contact the legit artists' management and report these tracks to them?

Re: Release Radar includes wrong artist with same name as desired artist

ishi_the_fishy
Music Fan

I totally agree with MetalRayzor on two important points:

1)  I also listen to metal and punk, so why on Earth am I getting recommendations for Christian-Faith music??? As I wrote in a previous comment, it's like serving a rare steak to a vegan.

2) Like MetalRayzor, I'm concerned that it feels like there's an advertising mechanism at work that is promoting new artists on to listener's RR.  It's not unthinkable, as most companies are always hunting for new revenue streams.  However, since I pay a monthly subscription I expect an ad-free experience.

A recent comment pointed out the absence of the moderator and that the reporting form isn't working.  I believe the moderator wrote that they were taking a short vacation.  As for the form, I've never used it and never will. It's not my job to fix what is clearly a widespread problem Spotify is aware of.  Moreover, it was a Google Doc and I'm always suspicious of those for good reasons.  Why isn't their a a legitimate form with a Spotify URL, like they have for artists?  Or even better, a tool built right into the app itself.  

For a company with billions in assets, this situation is shameful.  Often when a company is only interested in subscriptions and revenue, and not the customer experience, it's because they're pumping their valuation in anticipation of sale or merger. Wireless and cable providers have been known to do this. I wonder if something is brewing behind the scenes.  

SUGGESTED POSTS