Step 1

NEXT STEP

Removal of Playlist name

Removal of Playlist name

Plan

Free/Premium

Country

Device

(iPhone 8, Samsung Galaxy 9, Macbook Pro late 2016)

Operating System

(iOS 10, Android Oreo, Windows 10,etc.)

My Question or Issue

Hi everybody,

what is wrong with the name "memphis rap only"? Spotify keeps deleting all infos about my playlist all the time after a few seconds. I tryed also other names and it keeps deleting. I also dont have a image uploaded. I tryed to conntact spotify after receiving the notice on email, but no reply after a week. So is there a fix?

15 Replies

Hey, @mutchomambo 
Welcome to Spotify Community and thanks for reaching out here!
Sorry to hear that... Just to make sure we are on the same page, is the playlist info being removed automatically after a few seconds without a reason or are you getting a message that explains the reason your playlists info is being removed?

If you have any screenshots that may help me to better understand your situation, please, share them. 

Keep me posted!

Regards,

Luan

LuanSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

Hi,

I have the exactly same problem with my playlist for two weeks now. Sadly none of my messages were answered by you until now...

It happens approximately every 10-30 minutes. Everytime it happens I receive an email with the following content:

Hello,

We’ve received notice that an image and/or description on one of your playlists has been reported as including inappropriate or offensive content and violates our Profile and Playlist Image Guidelines. Therefore, we’ve removed the image and/or description from the playlist on Spotify. Please note: the playlist itself has not been removed.

If you believe you received this notice in error, please respond back to this email with an appeal within five (5) business days and we will look into the case.

All the best,
Spotify Customer Service Team

I'm sure we don't need to discuss wether the name of the playlist "Best of all Times" does somehow violate your guidelines, or not. PLEASE fix it, it really drives me insane.

Regards,

Bernd

Hey, @burglar 
Welcome to Spotify Community and thanks for reaching out here!

Thanks for sharing your case with us too. Have you already responded back to this email reporting your concerns about this problem? If positive, have you already taken a new reply for the situation?

Keep me posted!

Regards,

Luan

LuanSpotify Star

I replied to at least 50 of these mails and a few days ago I even used the usual contact formular. As I already said, nobody replied to any of my requests. This is why I am here.

Hi and thank you for the warm welcome. It looks like burglar and me have the same problem with the spotify algorithm. I think the first time it happend 2 weeks ago. I tried to upload a picture of "three six mafia" to my playlist, a rap group from memphis. Since then it keeps deleting any name for my playlist.

I thought for a second the problem was fixed cause the playlist name was visible for 24 hours, but now i received a mail that the name was removed again.

Exactly the same problem for me. At least it didn't happen again since then.

However Spotify customer support still did not react to anything. I'm a "little" bit mad about it. I would not have a job anymore, if I handled my customers like this.

Is it possible to receive any support or answer on this?

edit+

i think we arent the only one without playlist names

Unbenannt.JPG

Hey, folks @mutchomambo @burglar 

Sorry for not getting back to you earlier. I was checking this situation in the background...

Well, you may know that some content isn't allowed to be used as playlist cover, name, or description. Just would like to point that I'm not saying your content is breaking Spotify guidelines, but just affirming they exist. You can get more information about it here:

As a way to avoid that your content being blocked, I recommend that you don't use albums or bands' official covers and avoid using words, images, or logos that are used to represent an original idea from someone else.

I recommend that you be in touch with our Customer Support team through the emails you get when some of your content is blocked. When replying to those emails, keep an eye on your spam box or thrash to not lose any updates. 

I'd like to provide a more objective solution here, but this is out of our scope here in the community at this moment. 

Stay awesome!

If you have further questions or if you need anything else, let me know! I'd love to help!

Regards,
Luan

LuanSpotify Star

Sorry, but this is a joke, isn't it?

Have you even read our comments, what we did so far? Obiously you did not, because then you didn't need to tell us, that you have guidelines or recommend staying in touch with your "support"? Funny. I haven't received a single answer on any of my requests. So just like you, your support does not seem to be able to provide anything to us. What exactly am I paying money for?

At least, the playlist name removal has stopped for a day now. But very likely it will start again tomorrow, just like it did last week.

Ok, thank you for your reply and your time. Im confused a bit cause i follow the guidelines. I dont have any picture and i dont see a bad word in "memphis rap only". And the support isnt responding back on my request so maybe a dev will read this thread and adjust the algorithms. I uploaded a picture in a previous post with some unnamed playlists, so we arent the only one. Funny fact, that someone has a playlist "90´s memphis underground" with cover of DJ paul holding a TEC9 while all others are removed. So i still think this is a mistake and someone should look into it.

I am going through the same issue and have received zero answers from Spotify Support.

I have edited my playlist countless times. Keeps happening minutes after.

I have messaged Spotify Support separately to carefully delineate the issue. I get no answer.

My curious case: I built playlist many years ago, in tribute to the 80s movie Bloodsport. The soundtrack of said movie was not on Spotify. I used my time and effort to build a playlist that had somewhat the 'essence' of the final fight most people remember/cherish from that movie.

I never built the playlist to build a following; though ironically, the playlist reached more than 1,000 likes, whatever that means. It just happened, I never promoted it.

I have no social media. Anyway: Who cares, right?!

Well, turns out Bloodsport is making a comeback (youtube bloodsport redux trailer 2021) ? The old official bloodsport soundtrack is finally on Spotify (to me that's awesome: I even added some of their songs to my list!). However I cannot help but to suspect they (or someone else) thought I was infringing some law, misrepresenting their name/image, or something? Competing with a nobody?

Thus they 'reported' me, falsely of course. I did use an image of the movie for my playlist before. Before the following accrued, I never got messages. I went and gladly changed the name, removed the image, removed 'suspicious' songs, checked song credits, said sorry to Spotify, etc; all this in full disposition.

It doesn't matter if I name it "ajsdlkfhjaskjgh". It still removes my name. 

To Spotify: how about you remove the following I don't care about and just leave my playlist there as it existed years before? 

From Spotify: **cricket sounds**

😶

disclaimer: I don't think Spotify is being an **bleep**; someone else is.

I also simply see that Spotify is not present.

I have the same issues, my playlist has been reset 19 times now.

The reset only occurs from the title. 
I can even put my title to Hello and it will be reset.

The cover images are mine, they always have been, as per below attached. 

If I solely update the cover image, and leave the title blank (as a space) - nothing is reset

If I update the cover image, and description - nothing is reset
If I solely update the description - nothing is reset

As soon as I put any text in the title, no matter if there is a description or cover image added. The playlist is reset. 

I've attached my playlist name and cover image, where in the guidelines am I breaking them?

I've had the same name and playlist since 2014. Only now I'm getting an issue.

Spotify has clearly updated the back end and its algorithm is clearly broken. 

I've replied to every single reset email, no one has got back to me yet ... the first was over a week ago;

Twitter support doesn't care, simply tells me to follow the email. Well I have, and its Spotify thats broken. 

EMO, ROCK, NUMETAL, ALTERNATE & MORE.png
FGSNkgvUcAIOU1n.jpg
Screenshot 2021-12-11 074049.png

Hey folks,

Thanks for sharing your experience and all the info you have regarding this with us.

Wanted to add that we're collecting your feedback regarding this in the thread here, so we can escalate it to the right folks. Make sure to add your +VOTE if you haven't already and subscribe, so that you'll see all the relevant updates once available. 

Hope you'll find  this useful. Cheers!

Mario Moderator
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

Thanks Mario.

The 'quick solution' in the referenced live-idea post seems a bit misleading and not directed to the problem being experienced by users who aren't artists?

There is a simple solution to the problem - enable reporting feature only after 10 hours of music/podcasts were streamed using the account.

What is meant by this?
This isn't a solution for normal users is it?

Thanks for your help.

Suggested posts