Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Reset Offline Devices

Reset Offline Devices

I recently got a new phone. When I attempt to download songs on Spotify, it is telling me I have reached my offline devices limit and I need to delete all downloads from a device to download on this one.

Here's the problem: I don't have my old phone anymore to remove those downloads on. It was erased and sold. I have four devices (laptop, desktop, phone, tablet) that I use downloads on with Spotify, and I actively use them all.

I've found articles, including on Spotify's site, telling me how to manage my offline devices list — but they are all outdated. The links give me 404 errors, and the instructions ask to click on things that do not exist anymore. All I want is to reset all my offline devices so I can download songs again on them all and have this working again. This should not be difficult, especially considering offline play is one of the big selling points for Premium and when people pay for something they expect it to work. Resetting these devices needs to be readily accessible... or Spotify should have phone support (like virtually every other consumer company) to get issues like this resolved in a timely manner for paying customers.

1 Reply

Hi @Proteus846!

Since you mentioned you don't have access to your old phone, then perhaps Customer Support might be able to help out as they can take a closer look at your account and attempt to clear the cached data from their end. You can reach out to them here.

Hope you get this sorted out soon. The Community is always here if there's anything else you need assistance with.

Cheers!

YordanModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a "Like".
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

Suggested posts