NEXT STEP

Secret playlists not secret when someone is following them

Solved!

Secret playlists not secret when someone is following them

Plan Free

Country Germany

Operating System Webplayer

My Question or Issue

Hello, my friend send me a Link to his secret playlists and he wants it secret. Now I saw, that all people can see that I follow those playlists and also can see the playlists. I don't want to violate the wishes of my buddy. So can you please make an option to make followed playlists secret? I don't want to delete the playlists but I can't have the playlists open.

Thx

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Hi @nevil994

You can make any playlist public so it shows on your profile, or you can make it secret to hide from your profile. 

Desktop and web player:

• Right-click the playlist. 
  • Select Make Public to show it on your profile, or select Make Secret to hide it from your profile. 

Mobile:

• Tap the three dots in the top-right corner of the playlist.
  • Select Make Public to show it on your profile, or select Make Secret to hide it from your profile.

You can change your default settings as well. 

Playlists you create are made public by default, but you can switch this setting off/on anytime using desktop app: 

• Click the "V" in the top-right corner of the desktop app.
  • Select Settings.
  • Under Social, switch off/on Automatically make new playlists public.

View solution in original post

3 Replies

There is no way currently to hide a playlist from a user who is following it. The best way around this would be to copy paste the songs from the non-hidden playlist and into a new playlist, then, delete the songs from the old playlist.

Let me know if this solves your issue, thanks.

This solves my issue somehow but is not really a nice solution. Wouldn't it be better if there were the same privacy options as with my own playlists? Especially because I don't get the changes if my buddy changes some tracks and I don't want to repeat this process every second week.
Marked as solution

Hi @nevil994

You can make any playlist public so it shows on your profile, or you can make it secret to hide from your profile. 

Desktop and web player:

• Right-click the playlist. 

Mobile:

• Tap the three dots in the top-right corner of the playlist.

You can change your default settings as well. 

Playlists you create are made public by default, but you can switch this setting off/on anytime using desktop app: 

• Click the "V" in the top-right corner of the desktop app.
  • Select Settings.
  • Under Social, switch off/on Automatically make new playlists public.

Suggested posts