Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Shuffle keeps getting disabled

Shuffle keeps getting disabled

Hi,

I've noticed for a few weeks that the shuffle option keeps getting disabled every time I launch Spotify. Whether it's on my phone app, my laptop app or even on a navigator (Chrome), for some reason I am forced to activate the shuffle because this one keeps getting disabled, even on my Liked Songs. 

Sometimes it will be activated but as soon as I choose another song on my Liked Songs, the shuffle also gets disabled. 

It is very annoying because it never occurred for the past 6-7 years I've been using it, any ideas of why it started to happen now, and if there's a solution ? 

6 Replies

Hey @mattsetiawan,

Thanks for posting in the Community and welcome.

We hope you don't mind us moving your post out of the ideas section to one of our Help boards for now.

We understand you're having issues with Shuffle. Does this happen all the time? Or is it intermittent? Would you mind sending us a video recording of this behavior? You can attach it in your next reply in mp4 format, or you can also upload it to YouTube or Google Drive and make it public, so we can visualize it.

Now, you mention this happens across all devices, so it might be account-related. Log in with a different account from one of your devices and check if you can replicate the behavior. If you don't have another account, you could ask a relative or friend to log in with their account and give it a try.

We'll keep an eye out for your reply.

Susan_GPModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a "Like".
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

Im also having the same issue, i dont think this is account related, the developers should check this issue

Hey @Heisen92,

Welcome to the Community and thank you for joining the conversation. 

This type of issue could also be related to some damaged cache stored on your device or an outdated version of the app. In this case, we'd recommend performing a clean reinstall of the app by following the steps in this article. This process will replace damaged files and ensures you're running the latest app version.

If the issue persists, in order to continue investigating this case, would you mind confirming the make, model and OS version of your device, along with the Spotify version you're currently running?

Lastly, and if possible, it would be great if you could record a short video where we can take a better look as @Susan_GP requested previously.  You can attach it to your next response by using the Insert Video option in the post editor. You can also upload it to YouTube or Google Drive and share the link with us (make sure the video has the permissions for anyone to watch it).

We'll be on the lookout.

OscarDCModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

My shuffle is not staying on. I will click the icon to turn on shuffle and it will immediately turn off. If I shuffle the playlist from the top it will shuffle the first song and then shuffle will turn off. I've tried updating the app as well as undownloading and re-downloading it. I've also played around with the other settings and can't find something to fix it.

When I activate the random mode or if I want to deactivate the playlist from repeating, it is activated but returns to its normal state after a few seconds, in short I do not have a random mode

There's a problem here though because I always play my liked songs with shuffle on. Every time i restart playing on various devices shuffle ends up being off again. So the problem is not having shuffle by default, the problem is the app is not not remembering the last state.

Suggested posts