Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Shuffle play only. Can't select specific songs in playlists.

Shuffle play only. Can't select specific songs in playlists.

Screenshot_20200404-090511_Spotify.jpg

Plan

Free/Premium

Country

Device

(iPhone 8, Samsung Galaxy 9, Macbook Pro late 2016)

Operating System

(iOS 10, Android Oreo, Windows 10,etc.)

1. Account was working just fine. Recently, anytime I select a playlist, it goes to the screen I've included as an attachment. I can't scroll through my playlist to select songs. I can only select shuffle play. If I select edit playlist it shows my songs but when I click on them it seems like they're downloading for a few seconds and then they just stopped playing. 

1 Reply

Hello @JGarrettP

Thank you for reaching out here in the Community!

On-demand mobile access is available only for Premium users. However, it's available on selected playlists for Free users as well, there will be no shuffle symbol next to the title of the playlist. That means, you can choose a song you want to play and you have unlimited skips.

On other playlists there's only the shuffle option to play full-length songs, not only the short previews. 

You can still play on-demand using e.g. a desktop, even without Premium Subscription.

You were able to enjoy some of the Premium functions before most likely because of the 7 Day free trial for new users. 

If you wan't to see the comparison of different Premium plans offered by Spotify, make sure to check out this support article

More detail on how Spotify Free works on mobile can be found here

I hope this shed some light! 

Suggested posts