Premium

Country

US

Device

Windows PC

Operating System

Windows 10

My Question or Issue

I am trying to add an album to my local files on Spotify. Whenever I place the files in the folder for Spotify, all of the songs appear in my local files. However, only about six or so of them will actually play through Spotify. The rest become grayed out if I try adding them to a playlist. I have checked every file, none of them are protected, and opening the files themselves works perfectly fine. They just don't work in Spotify.

3 Replies

Hi there @covergirltitan,

Thanks for reaching out about this in the Community!

Can you tell us if there are any special characters like language specific letters or punctuation symbols in the files that appear grayed out?

Also, what file type are they?

We'll be on the lookout for your reply. Thanks.

AlexModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

There are no special characters, I typed them all out myself and all I used were normal characters. All of the files are .mp3.

Hey there @covergirltitan,

Thank you for your reply.

Can you make sure that the file isn't DRM (Digital Rights Management) protected? If you have iTunes, you can check for DRM protected tracks by following these steps.

Another useful step in are to change the source folder of the local files on the pc. The steps are: Uninstall Spotify on both devices > create a new folder somewhere else on the pc and move the local files there > install Spotify again > remove any potential source folders and add the new one > download the playlist again.

We'll keep an eye out for your reply 🙂

Cheers!

JeremyModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Live, love, laugh and listen to music 🙂

Suggested posts