Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Songs missing from playlist yet still available on Spotify

Songs missing from playlist yet still available on Spotify

Plan

Premium

Country

Spain

Device

Sony Xperia XZ3 and PC

Operating System

Android 10, Windows 10

My Question or Issue

I was just checking a playlist that I have on my Spotify account, and there seems to be various songs missing from the playlist, yet they are still available on Spotify. I find it annoying as I have to search each song and add them again to the list. Why has this happened and is this something that will keep happening in the future? Is there an easier way to re-add them to the list instead of searching for them again?

3 Replies

Similar issue.
Was listening to Muse Muscle Museum
https://open.spotify.com/track/52m87QcXzV5xRbutbUdKZn
on my phone. It shows as available in my playlist.

I tried to switch to a different player using Connect but song won't play. I search for song on Spotify desktop app but it shows as greyed out ( unavailable).

I just had to add a 68 songs on a playlist of 698 songs. I don't want to even start looking at the other playlists that I have.... I don't know if this is a copyright issue or because they keep updating their servers, but it's really $%&"ing annoying. And there isn't an option to have the songs searched and added again. You have to look for them yourself... really annoying...

Hey folks,

Thanks for reaching out to the Community.

@nrhatigan, keep in mind that availability of music can vary over time and between countries, depending on agreements between Spotify and rights holders, such as artists or record labels; therefore, content sometimes isn't available right away. Spotify is constantly working to add new content to the platform so hopefully your favorite music will be (back) up soon.

@v997 your issue seems a bit different - the songs are not greyed out and can still be liked, correct? In that case, let us know if you still experience the same after changing your password and logging out of all devices. Here you'll find useful tips on how to secure your account in case of unauthorized access. Additional info on how to protect your Spotify account can be found here.

Hope this helps. Keep us posted how you get on.

Mihail Moderator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

Suggested posts