Plan

Premium

Country US ,Texas

Device

Samsung Galaxy 

Operating System

Android 

My Question or Issue 

Songs on my korean playlist are suddenly unplayable,  they are grayed out. So frustrating! I've uninstalled the spotify app on my android cell and reinstalled it. No help. 

If a song is downloaded, can it be greyed out if you remove the album?  I've spent 3 hours searching answers. 🤢😡 please help me

Screenshot_20210304-100939_Spotify.jpg
Screenshot_20210304-112320_Spotify.jpg
Screenshot_20210304-105743_Spotify.jpg

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Hi there!
Recently on Spotify, the license deal with Kakao M, the distributor expired, which resulted in some K-pop songs being removed from Spotify, being unavailable completely. (Which frustrates me too, as I'm an avid K-pop fan)

You can check out more here. 

I don't know when the songs'll be back, so I guess we'll have to wait.

Hope this helps!

View solution in original post

3 Replies
Marked as solution

Hi there!
Recently on Spotify, the license deal with Kakao M, the distributor expired, which resulted in some K-pop songs being removed from Spotify, being unavailable completely. (Which frustrates me too, as I'm an avid K-pop fan)

You can check out more here. 

I don't know when the songs'll be back, so I guess we'll have to wait.

Hope this helps!

I was under the impression as long as you downloaded them they would still be available. Thank you for your help I really appreciate it. Debi

PS: I really like Lee Hong Gi also known as FT Island. "Wind", " Insensible" I'm missing like 20 songs. They've added many back in Live versions but it's not the same quality. Check out some of their YouTube videos. Thanks again!!

Screenshot_20210304-112320_Spotify.jpg

Hey there @5mpshp8bc6nl5q9,

Thanks for reaching out and welcome to the Community!

We want all the world’s music and podcasts on Spotify, but availability can vary over time and between countries, depending on licensing agreements between the relevant parties (artists, distributors, record labels, etc.) and the permissions from rights holders.

Keep in mind that if the content is removed from Spotify, it won't be available to be played even if you had downloaded it.

We add new content to Spotify every day, so if you can’t find something you’re looking for right now, it may appear (or reappear) soon.

We hope this sheds some light on this matter. If you have any questions or need anything else, we'll be right here.

Cheers 🙂

EniModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.

“Music acts like a magic key, to which the most tightly closed heart opens.”– Maria von Trapp

Suggested posts