Premium

Country

United States

Device

Google Pixel 3 XL

Operating System

Android 11

My Question or Issue

Hello! I was wondering what would happen to a blend I have created with a friend if I were to leave the blend. Would they still be able to view it and would it continue to update daily, or would it be completely removed for us both? Thanks!

51 Replies

Hey @DS3211,

Thanks for the post!

If you have joined Blend and If your right click and remove it from the library, it still stays under Made for you, for whenever you want to listen to it again. On Mobile, you can Leave it, and this way you'll lose access to the playlist.

If you're the creator, you can Leave the playlist or delete it. This will make it unavailable both for you and the person who has joined 🙂

Hope this answers your question.

Cheers.

AlexModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

Hi! i wanted to add to this discussion. What can i do if i accidentally left a blend? my friend and i created a blend and when i left it, we could no longer access it. so she has left it too, but she is unable to join with a new link i sent her and now we can't have a blend. is there any way i can recover the blend or anyway spotify can help us and create a new blend?

Hi @ANTMlover24,

Thank you for posting on this thread!

If you and a friend leave a blend, you should be able to access the same one again. Could you let us know what's the error message your friend gets when trying to accept your invitation? 

You can also ask her to send you the link instead, while you try to join. 

Keep us posted. 

MafeGModerator

every time I try to leave a blank that I joined it says please try again later. Can you please explain why this is happening? I’m really trying to leave it. 

Hi there @gailninette,

Thanks for reaching out.

Can you try logging out from your account, restarting your device, and logging back in? If the issue persists, try using a different connection and alternatively, a different device.

Keep us posted on how it goes.

CarlosEModerator

If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.

The same is happening with me. But I'm trying to join the link through the browser. I'll try with the app. I'm from India btw.

Hey there @Sunidhi,

Thanks for getting in touch about this here in the Community. 

First up, we suggest that you make sure that your browser and Spotify app are up to date. 

If this doesn't make any difference, would you mind sending us a screenshot of the error message you're getting? Make sure not to send any private info. 

Lastly, we'd like to know if this is the first time you want to create a Blend or if you've already created one and then you left it. 

We'll be on the lookout. 

EniModerator

“Music acts like a magic key, to which the most tightly closed heart opens.”– Maria von Trapp

The error message it was showing that day was "Sorry, couldn't find that."
I think it's a web player problem.

I could restart the blend when my boyfriend accepted the request with his
app.

I think Spotify created the Blend before and I left it. And then when I
tried to create it again, the link was not being accepted in the web
player.

Hey @Sunidhi,

Thanks for your reply.

Just to confirm, were you able to join the Blend again?

Keep us posted.

CarlosEModerator

If someone leaves a Spotify blend does it still update with their music if they weren’t the creator, only the invited? 

Hi @Strwby04,

Thanks for your post.

If a friend of yours leaves a blend you've created with them, the songs your friend likes should stop updating, as the blend will not be able to fetch new info about your friend. This, however, might not be reflected immediately and a couple of additional updates regarding track position or new entries might still occur. These updates will be based on your music taste though, as you're the only one left in the blend.

Hope this clears things up. The Community is always here if there's anything else you need assistance with.

Cheers!

YordanModerator
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a "Like".

I'd love to join this discussion

I made a blend with a friend, once I did that we both had "liked" the playlist
a day ago I misclicked and dropped a "like" on the playlist
now I can't find it anyways (including "Made for you" ) 

my friend still likes it but it seems to be gone. what should I do?

Hi @Lostdawn,

Thanks for reaching out!

If you were the owner of the blend and you left it, you'll have to create the blend again, just make sure your friend leaves the previous one as well. There might also be some temporary cache issue in case your friend is still able to access it, so we'd recommend clearing the app's cache by going to the app's settings > Storage > Clear cache before creating a new blend.

Hope this helps. The Community is always here if there's anything else you need assistance with.

Cheers!

YordanModerator

Hi, I had a question about the blends…

I created a blend with my friend a few months ago but it’s no longer on my library. I listened to it a lot and I haven’t removed it but I think she’s left it for some reason.

If she did leave the blend, is it normal that I can’t access it on my library anymore, even though I was the creator?

Hi @katieeve2005!

Welcome to the Community and thanks for reaching out!

In order for the blend to be available, there needs to be at least two users in it. So, let's say you created a blend with just your friend: when either one of you leaves, the blend will become unavailable for the other user as well, regardless of who created it.

Hope this clears things up. Cheers!

YordanModerator

Hi, quick question 

if the creator deletes his account or does not pay for Spotify premium any longer will the blend playlist be deleted too?

If it only says one follower does that mean the other person I made the blend with left?

Hey folks,

@GRYNNN, if the account gets deleted all information in it gets deleted. This includes playlists, saved songs/ artists/ albums, user preferences, personal info etc. If you cancel your Premium account, all playlists and info remain intact 🙂 The only difference will be that you can't download music for offline listening and you'll hear ads in-between songs.

@Veltor - yes. You can check the active members of a blend playlist if you click the profile picture icons.

Hope this answers your questions.

AlexModerator

Hi.

I accidentally made a blend with a famous artist (it was from a link on instagram). I don't want to be part of that blend. I have tried literally everything and NOTHING works. I can't delete it, I can't leave. I've tried deleting all my spotify apps and downloading them again, I've cleared everything from the apps, NOTHING WORKS.

I don't wanna have to make a new account on Spotify, but if that's what it takes to delete everything then I guess I have to..

Please help!!

Suggested posts