Premium

Country

Canada

Device

(iPhone X, PC)

Operating System

(iOS 12, Windows 10)

My Question or Issue

For almost a year now spotify will randomly delete a few hundred to a few thousand songs from either my phone or my PC (never both at the same time) once or twice a month. This is without me adjusting any settings, they are just in playlists that are set to download and they will randomly start redownloading sometimes when I turn my device on. This is very annoying as one of the reasons I have premium is my lack of reliable internet! When spotify decides to delete and redownload 1000+ songs my entire house's internet goes down for a few hours!

Capture.PNG
Top Answer
Ivan
Spotify Legend

Hey @Augon

Thanks for posting on the Community about this. 

In case you still experience this you might've encountered an issue that we're currently investigating. Have a look at this thread and add your vote by clicking on the +VOTE button. Make sure you follow the steps under Status Update as well. 

It'll also be useful to Subscribe via the three-dots menu in the top right corner next to the title. That'll make sure you stay up-to-date with any relevant updates about this.

Hope this helps. Let us know if you have any questions. 

48 Replies

This is a joke... Sick of repeatedly downloading 15gb+ of songs. Time to move to a new platform. 

Been happening to me probably since I’ve had premium, super upsetting when I get into my car about to leave and open Spotify to see every song no longer downloaded except a scattered 20. This has been happening since 2018 probably, I used to think it was a VPN issue but as I haven’t been frequenting on a VPN recently and it happened today-AGAIN… yeah this ones gotta be on you Spotify.. let’s work together on that and by together I mean can u pls find and fix the bug😔🤟

Hi there folks,

Thank you for your replies and feedback.

It would be great if you can confirm if you followed all of the troubleshooting steps that's been provided in this thread?

We'll keep an eye out for your replies.

Take care!

JeremyModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Live, love, laugh and listen to music 🙂

This is still a major issue. Unbelievable. I’ve brought this up several times. We are paying you money and it still goes unanswered. No it isn’t the cache. No it isn’t redownloading the app. No it isn’t our phones. It’s your programming. This needs resolution and I’ve been paying you hundreds  by now for a service that fails at times. Nothing is more frustrating than when you’re about to workout and suddenly your playlist is trying to redownload in a limited cellular area. Class action anyone? This has been going on for far too long .

Well, I cannot believe after all of the different people complaining about this issue, I am ALSO contributing to this thread. I just woke up, and 4000 SONGS UNDOWNLOADED THEMSELVES. Are you serious Spotify????? I have autopay enabled, so there’s no way I missed a payment and it momentarily disabled/deleted my downloads due to premium expiring. I’ve tried all of your steps but it’s been an ongoing problem for 3 years now. It used to only be like 1-2 playlists worth of songs, but 4000 SONGS?????? This is beyond ridiculous. What’s worse is that for some god-forsaken reason you can only download while the app is open, and CANNOT while the app is in the background. I can’t just sit for 2 hours with my phone open during my free time 3 times a year for the app to extinguish 90% of my phone battery re-downloading 4000 songs because your devs are too inept to fix this issue for 3+ years.

I will be terminating my membership if this issue is not addressed or compensated for. It is ridiculous to be paying monthly for a service that doesn’t even want to correctly help it’s customers, and because the “vast-majority” isn’t experiencing the problem then I guess it just doesn’t exist 🤷‍♂️

I exited the app ONCE while all the songs were re-downloading and NOW LOOK!! Every song undownloaded itself. I’m done with this. I will be contacting Spotify for a refund, and promptly switching to Apple Music. Thanks for nothing.

E5D9E210-972A-4322-9BBF-67CB6F510B1D.png

Still happening years later, still no fix 
Still cant post on these forums without 900 different errors

Spotify your customer support and quality control is a f%^%$( joke!, youre lucky there isnt an alternative or EVERYONE would leave your horrid service.

The simple solution is cancel Spotify and subscribe to YouTube music. 

Suggested posts