Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Spotify is keep removing the name, description and picture of my playlist!

Spotify is keep removing the name, description and picture of my playlist!

Plan

Premium

Device

iPhone 13 Pro Max

Operating System

Windows 10

My Question or Issue

I have a popular playlist with high followers. My playlist's name, description and picture are constantly being deleted. I fix it but it gets deleted over and over again. It used to happen occasionally. but it's happened almost 20 times today. It's very frustrating.

7 Replies

Hey @Kadirmerttatar,

Thanks for letting us know!
Do you mind sending us a link to and/or a screenshot of the playlist so that we can take a closer look at what's going on :?
We'll be on the lookout for your response.
Much appreciated!

VasilModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

I'm having the same issue and when I contacted a customer service agent about it they said they wouldn't help me with it or give me any tips or info on how to fix the problem or what images I'm allowed to use. I have added pictures that I took myself to see if the royalty free images I used were pinging an automatic copyrighted image flag, but my pictures that I took myself with my camera were also removed. Everytime they remove my image, they also remove the playlist name and description so that I have to fill them out again everyday only to have it happen again with the next image.

This is the email I receive from spotify each time:

Hello,

We have found the following content to be in violation of our content policies, and we have removed it. Please see our Spotify Terms and Conditions of Use for more information.

spotify:playlist:5C9lDDPLBwTLWnFz5Qlazz

Regards,

Spotify

Is anyone else having this issue? What is going on and how can I fix it? I understand spotify removing the initial copyrighted image, but now any image I put up, no matter the origin is removed along with the playlist name and description. And the customer service agent acted like it was a state secret and they couldn't tell me any info on how to fix this issue and were supremely unhelpful about it.

Any help I can get would be super appreciated!

Hi there @Avaletta,

Thanks for reaching out about this in the Community!

Sorry to hear that this has been happening with you playlist.

What has most likely happened is that someone has reported your playlist's title or cover image. Since this could be false or fraudulent reporting it's best to reach out to our Customer Support team through one of the channels here. They'd be able to shine some light on the situation and check why this is happening. We take these reports very seriously and do not tolerate any abuse on the side of the reporter. With that said, we continually take action to warn and disable accounts that make false reports.

Hope this helps.

Cheers.

AlexModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

Hi Alex,

I'm sure you're told to give this canned response, but as you may be aware, Spotify customer service tells people that if they persist in asking about this question they will be dropped from the chat. I remained very polite as I tried to ask if they could at least give me a link to some sort of info on solutions, and they ended the chat as promised. You are probably told to respond to online community chat questions by publicly saying there is a way to contact spotify about this question and get help, but the fact is that there isn't, and we as consumers will have to take the matter into our own hands and create bots or apps or web APIs that refill out the metadata many times a day to combat the malicious reporting bots that spotify automatically listens to and responds to instead of listening and responding to customers like me who haven't done anything wrong and yet I now have a playlist with no name and no description and no way for anyone to find it, just because someone felt I was taking away their listeners or whatever their reasons for reporting my playlist many times a day everyday until I just gave up on even attempting to share that playlist anymore.

I have the same problem, and now I have spoken to Spotify support for several hours, and they say to me that they can see there is nothing wrong with the name of the playlist and they can’t do anything further about it . So if I could get help I would appreciate that

i have pictures of the conversation and link to the playlist if that helps anything

I have the exact same problem as Avaletta

I have the same problem, 2 months talking with Spotify support and they only tell me that I need to clean my cache or restart my phone, Spotify support is awful 

Suggested posts