Free

Country

USA

Device

Samsung Galaxy A51

Operating System

Android 10

My Question or Issue

My Spotify account won't play full songs on my phone unless I click "Shuffle Play". Otherwise, whenever I click on a song it will just play a demo clip that's about 5-10 seconds long. My acount has never done this on other devices, and when I tried it out on my computer earlier it worked fine. I've already tried linking Spotify to my Samsung account and redownloading the app twice, but it still didn't fix the problem. I included a screenshot of it playing a demo clip, and I know that all of the songs I tried playing aren't blocked. Please help me if you can, thank you!

Edit: I found out that the web player will work just fine, it's only the app that's having problems.

Screenshot_20200530-204614_Spotify.jpg
20 Replies

Hey @Bickie,

Thanks for your reply in this thread. 

In this case, it might be worth it to double check if perhaps you've logged into a free account. You can do this by following these steps (if you're currently using a mobile device):

1. Open the app.
  2. At the top-right, select your profile picture.
  3. There, go to Settings and privacy.
  4. At the top of settings, you can see the email linked to your account (if any) and the plan you're currently on.

If you double check and you continue noticing this behavior, would you mind sharing with us the make/model and OS of your device along with the Spotify version you're running there? It'd be really helpful if you sent us a couple of screenshots of what you're seeing on your side,

It'd really help us if you sent us a full description of what you're seeing on your side as well, so we can provide further accurate assistance.

Keep us in the loop!

AlejaRModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.

Suggested posts