Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

FAQs

Please see below the most popular frequently asked questions.

Loading article...

Loading faqs...

Ongoing Issues

Please see below the current ongoing issues which are under investigation.

Loading issue...

Loading ongoing issues...

Top Songs 2021 - wrong song plays?

Top Songs 2021 - wrong song plays?

Plan

Premium

Country

UK

Device

Pixel 3a

Operating System

Android 12

My Top Songs 2021 appears to have an indexing issue.  Instead of correctly playing "I'm Coming Out" by Diana Ross it plays "I'm Still Waiting"

How might I fix this? Thanks!

12 Replies

Hi @gdh82,

Thank you for reaching out to the Community.

Can you perform a clean reinstall of the app? This will make sure there's no old cache files causing this.

If that doesn't do the trick, can you send us a screen recording so that we can have a closer look directly from your end?

We'll keep an eye out for your reply.

Take care!

JeremyModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Live, love, laugh and listen to music 🙂

Thanks for taking the time to reply @Jeremy but the clean reinstall didn't work unfortunately.  I'm unsure what is meant by a screen recording and where it is to be sent?

Hey @gdh82,

Thanks for the post.

You can record a video of you phone's screen showing what's wrong with your Top Songs 2021. You can upload it directly as an attachment to your reply or send it here as a link from an external video sharing platform. 

This will helps us see what you're experiencing.

You can also attach screenshots of how the playlist looks and what song starts when you press the problematic track.

We'll be on the lookout for your reply.

AlexModerator
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

Thanks Alex.  Hopefully these screenshots show Spotify indicates it's playing the correct song but Shazam shows otherwise..

Screenshot_20211230-122339.png
Screenshot_20211230-122513.png

Hi @gdh82,

Thank you for keeping in touch!

In order to keep investigating this, please share with us the URL of the song you're getting. This way we can look into it and find out where the error could be coming from.

Keep us posted.

MafeGModerator

Thanks MafeG - the continued help is appreciated. Here's the URL of the 'wrong song'...

https://open.spotify.com/track/0ew27xRdxSexrWbODuLfeE?si=WlGTx7reQjmH1e93lQGC7w&utm_source=copy-link

Hi there @gdh82,

Thank you for your reply in this thread.

Can you let us know if the issue persist?

We'll keep an eye out for your reply 🙂

Take care!

JeremyModerator
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Live, love, laugh and listen to music 🙂

Thanks Jeremy.  Yes, the problem remains unresolved unfortunately.  All other Wrapped 2021 links are fine, just this one appears indexed to the wrong song?  This has applied since the playlist was created by Spotify.

Hey @gdh82,

Thanks for the reply.

The URL of the song you posted above seems to belong to the song "I'm Still Waiting". Could you confirm that you intentionally sent us the URL of that song, or were you trying to send the URL of "I'm Coming Out" instead? Which song do you see embedded in your post on your end? Is it "I'm Still Waiting" or "I'm Coming Out"?

Could you also check what happens when you try to play Diana Ross' track from your Top Songs playlist on another device (or the web player)? We want to make sure that your current device hasn't cached the wrong track, while it has been subsequently fixed in the backend.

In any case, we've forwarded your report to the right folks, so they're taking a look if anything is amiss as well.

Keep us posted!

YordanModerator
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a "Like".

Thanks Yordan and for forwarding the matter to the right folks.

And yes, the screenshots/urls are intentional.  Just to confirm,  'I'm coming out' is correctly shown as per unwrapped list and on clicking this,  'I'm still waiting' is incorrectly played.

However, having just accessed Spotify from a different platform (PC browser) you'll see below the no #4 song is now showing as 'I'm still waiting' and plays as such. 

On the one hand the inconsistency is now resolved but on the other this is only ever a song I've played accidentally due to the above mentioned indexing issue, so question if should be there at all.     Thanks nevertheless for the help throughout.

Spotify Index Issue.PNG

Hey @gdh82,

Thanks for keeping us in the loop.

Indexing issues, like this one can sometimes occur if songs are taken down and re-uploaded to the platform. 

We want to thank you again for bringing this to our attention and for going through this troubleshooting process with us. We've passed this on to the content team as well. They're currently investigating how this might have happened.

We can't say with certainty when this will be resolved completely. We recommend keeping your app up to date 🙂

Don't hesitate to reach out again if you have questions.

AlexModerator

Thanks Alex. And it's all good, I've been impressed by the support provided by you guys, so this has been a positive experience whatever happens next. Thanks again to everyone 👍

Suggested posts