Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

FAQs

Please see below the most popular frequently asked questions.

Loading article...

Loading faqs...

Ongoing Issues

Please see below the current ongoing issues which are under investigation.

Loading issue...

Loading ongoing issues...

Transferring purchased music from iTunes to Spotify without losing metadata

Transferring purchased music from iTunes to Spotify without losing metadata

I am a Mac user (on Catalina) and I own both iOS and Android devices. Currently trying to migrate to Spotify from Apple Music but am having a hard time transferring my purchased music from iTunes over to Spotify. I have no issues at all transferring other streamable music that are co-available on both services, I am specifically talking about purchased music from iTunes.

I have tried getting Spotify to find my downloaded, purchased music from iTunes from its music library by enabling "local files" in settings. Though successful and I was able to play them through Spotify, all metadata of the tracks are lost, i.e. track number, album art, etc.

Is there a better way to transfer my purchased music from iTunes over to Spotify while keeping all those metadata? Also, would I be able to make these purchased music streamable on all my devices? As a user, the ideal outcome is that I can seamlessly stream purchased iTunes music (or Google Play music) on Spotify on any device, keeping album art and all other metadata so I can organize them like any other music I have on the service. I would really like to migrate to Spotify (already on premium subscription) but if I can't enjoy my purchased music it will be a deal breaker...

Thanks in advance.

0 Replies

Suggested posts