Two similar albums with different URLs

Plan

Premium

Country

Russia

Device

All devices & web version

My Question or Issue

Hi! I'm facing an issue. When I check the song from Artist's page ("Нервы") -> Album "Я живой", all songs are not checked as liked.

m-danya_0-1623920551978.png

However, if I go to "Liked songs" playlist and find some of these songs from this album and click "Go to album", I see the same album but with likes on their places, as if it was a different album! 

m-danya_1-1623920558070.png

Not-liked album: https://open.spotify.com/album/2MwXFwZSB28ikanXAoKfCD?si=BPUNQ77mRqeAZRA2AGl46A&dl_branch=1

Liked album: https://open.spotify.com/album/0vqhbBppnAkIcmyel9K1v2?si=Yz9uHCaEQgSGbCYVYsIleA&dl_branch=1

These albums contain the same songs but have different URLs. But the number of streams of songs are the same!

If I'm not mistaken, I've faced this problem with another artist, so what do I have to do to fix these cases? I don't want to see like button unchecked, but if I click on it, my "Liked songs" playlist gets a duplicate of a song, which is bad too. 

Do I have to manually unlike all the "hidden albums"' songs and then manually like them again?

Thanks!

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Hey @m-danya,

Thanks for reaching out and welcome to the Community.

The behavior you're describing can happen when an album gets reuploaded by the distributors. If they have different metadata or URIs, the app will check backstage to link to the accurate track, but it will currently miss to transfer the liked status to the newer version.

We've provided guidelines to distributors of what they can do to keep tracks fully in sync and basically overwrite old versions, but we know this is something that occurs. For now we suggest that you unlike the "old" track in the liked songs or saved album and replace it with the new one.

We'll keep working on improving this experience moving forward and advise that you keep the app up to date with the latest version so that you don't miss out on any fixes.

Hope this shines some light on the matter. The Community is here if you have any questions.

Mihail Moderator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

View solution in original post

2 Replies
Marked as solution

Hey @m-danya,

Thanks for reaching out and welcome to the Community.

The behavior you're describing can happen when an album gets reuploaded by the distributors. If they have different metadata or URIs, the app will check backstage to link to the accurate track, but it will currently miss to transfer the liked status to the newer version.

We've provided guidelines to distributors of what they can do to keep tracks fully in sync and basically overwrite old versions, but we know this is something that occurs. For now we suggest that you unlike the "old" track in the liked songs or saved album and replace it with the new one.

We'll keep working on improving this experience moving forward and advise that you keep the app up to date with the latest version so that you don't miss out on any fixes.

Hope this shines some light on the matter. The Community is here if you have any questions.

Mihail Moderator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

Hi,

I’m listening to A Day To Remember’s ‘Homesick (Special Edition)’ album on Spotify and noticed that when artists like them get new record deals their old music gets shown on Spotify again under the new label, when accessing the albums from search and their artist page. I previously saved this album when it had another label’s copyright at the end of the track list. It’s still on Spotify in my playlists and Liked Songs but when I go to listen to this from search or their artist page Spotify plays the album with the new music label's copyright instead of what I already liked. This causes problems because 1.) the songs show as not liked, when they are, and 2.) when I try to add songs to playlists, Spotify doesn’t detect that the song already exists and adds it anyway. This creates duplicates. Yes, a user can manually do it but with thousands of songs already saved and no way to know when the music’s copyright now has a new label unless one happens to play it, this will take a lot of time.

I can play music from Liked Songs but because of muscle-memory and it being faster, I use search to find and play music. When playing from Like Songs if you click on the album it then shows the right album but as if it was never saved. Also, Now Playing displays the wrong artwork displays Can you please fix this huge problem by adding a way to update previously saved music automatically that keeps all previously added music to playlists and Liked Songs in the same Date Added order? Metadata like this is very important for some users. Each time the same album, under a different label, gets uploaded to Spotify, Spotify has to know about it, right? So maybe there’s a way for the system to then update everyone’s likes and playlists to this new version. Please, look into this.

Suggested posts