Premium Duo

Country

South Africa

Device

iPad Pro 2018

Operating System

iPadOS

My Question or Issue

Hello! I’ve noticed recently an issue with the Heart / Like Indicator.
I will be playing a song that I know that should be Liked, so I will tap the Heart to Like it again. I’m aware that sometimes when a song’s URI changes due to a re-upload or something can cause a previous Like to not be linked to the new content’s ID, but I have seen cases recently when the Heart is mismatched between two views in the app. Here is a screenshot of an instance of the issue:

E66F7514-5956-4F4E-AF7F-670583B2A738.png
On the left (Now Playing) view, the Heart shows the song is Not Liked. However on the right side (Album view), the Currently Playing indicator shows the track is actually Liked.

I’ve noticed this with different artists, and I’m sure I’ve noticed this on Desktop too, I just haven’t had the presence of mind to capture a screenshot at the time. Sometimes I will click an unfilled Heart in order to Like the song, and Spotify’s pop-up alert will tell me “Song removed from Library”, which seems to me like it actually was liked.

Not sure if anyone else is having this issue? I do tend to swap regularly between my iPad, phone, and desktop as I am busy with different tasks during the day, not sure if that is maybe causing a problem… 

thanks!

3 Replies

Could be linked to a topic on the iOS forum: 

Like-button-state-is-sometimes-flipped 

But, as stated there, I don’t know if this is specifically iOS, or if it’s an issue with interactions between platforms

What I have noticed is that the state of the "like heart" is persistent. If I tap it to "like" a track, it remains filled until the next time I tap it, no matter what song is playing.

For instance, a song plays that I've never "liked". I tap the heart, it fills, and I get a notice that the song has been added to my liked songs.

Another song I've never "liked" plays. The heart is still filled. I tap it, the heart empties, and I get a notice that the song has been added to my liked songs.

Another song plays, one I know I've liked in the past. The heart is still empty. If I tap the heart, it fills, and I get a notice that the song has been removed from my liked songs... so I tap again, the heart empties, and i get a notice that once again the song is in my like songs.

So, from here, the heart doesn't seem to actually function as one would expect. Its appearance says nothing about the status of the song in question, just toggling back and forth each time you touch it... which is not really helpful.

Hey folks, 

Thanks for your messages. 

Would you mind letting us know if you've already tried some troubleshooting steps? This will help us give you better suggestions. 

It would also be helpful to have your device's exact OS version and the Spotify version you're currently running. 

Keep us posted.

NovyModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a "Like".
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

Suggested posts