Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Unable to remove a podcast from Daily Drive

Unable to remove a podcast from Daily Drive

For the past several months at least once a week, the same podcast has been added to my Daily Drive playlist for no reason. I'm sure it's a fine podcast but I don't listen to podcasts in general and there is nothing in my listen history that would suggest that I would be interested in this particular one. Previously I've been able to remove podcasts from the playlist, however, with this one, I can't. I've tried it on my phone, the desktop app, and even on the web browser. Nothing works and it's exhausting.

4 Replies

Hello k8lynrose, I'm sorry to hear that you're having trouble removing a podcast from your Daily Drive playlist on Spotify. Here are some suggestions that you can try:

1. Check if the podcast is saved in your library: If the podcast is saved in your library, it could be the reason why it keeps getting added to your Daily Drive playlist. Try removing the podcast from your library and see if that solves the issue.

2. Remove the podcast from your "Up Next" queue: If the podcast is in your "Up Next" queue, removing it from there may also remove it from your Daily Drive playlist.
  3. Clear cache and data: Clearing the cache and data of your Spotify app may help fix the issue. Go to your phone's settings, find Spotify, and then select "Storage". From there, select "Clear cache" and "Clear data".

Let me know if its still showing up,

-Prague the Dog

PragueSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

This doesn't work for me and I'm primarily using the web browser app. Any other suggestions?

please has anyone found a solution?? i sick and tired of podcasts in my playlist. First, it was just on one day of the week and i could tolerate it by just skipping but now it’s almost 5 days of the week. i’ve only ever listened to one podcast episode and it’s not even the one it gets put on my playlist. i’m sure bloomberg has fine news but I DON’T CARE FOR THEM! i can’t even block them. i’m tired already 

This is still showing. An option to alter your daily drive was proposed in 2019 - nothing has come of it

Suggested posts