Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

FAQs

Please see below the most popular frequently asked questions.

Loading article...

Loading faqs...

Ongoing Issues

Please see below the current ongoing issues which are under investigation.

Loading issue...

Loading ongoing issues...

Unwanted playlists added

Unwanted playlists added

Plan

family plan

Country

Device

Iphone 12 pro

Operating System

ios

My Question or Issue

A week ago over 1,000 empty playlists were added to my spotify account. all of the playlists are empty and causes me to have to scroll through them all to get to my older playlists.

2 Replies

Hey @laur209,

Thanks for stopping by the Community!

This is odd situation indeed and I can see how having to scroll through a ton of empty playlists is annoying. Let's try help you here with some suggestions. I'm not sure how this came about, but it could have resulted from an accidental spamming of the keyboard shortcut that creates a new playlist in the desktop app, which is 'Ctr+N' for Windows and 'Cmd+N' for Mac. And by the way, you can find all the other handy keyboard shortcuts for the desktop app here.

If you're in doubt that your profile might have been compromised, please check our tips for securing your account here. In any case it could be useful for you to get in touch with our Support team here, who can then take a look at your personal account and give you a hand with removing unwanted playlists or reverting your collection to an earlier stage altogether. 

Hope you find this useful. Keep us posted if you have any questions.

Kiril Moderator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

Hey there mate,

Same thing happened to me recently. 

What can I do to delete them fast and delete each playlist individually?

Cheers,

Aakil

Suggested posts