Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Upload local Spotify mp3 files from iPhone to computer

Upload local Spotify mp3 files from iPhone to computer

I have a playlist of local songs on my Spotify account. The files for these songs used to be on my old laptop, but now that laptop has been damaged and all the original files are gone. However, the playlist and these songs still exist on my iPhone in the Spotify app. Is there a way I can sync these songs from my phone back to my new computer? I don't want to lose them if my phone breaks or my phone data gets erased.
1 Reply

Hi there!

Do you have the original .mp3s physically present in your iPhone's storage? If so, you should be able to upload them to your new laptop and sync them over.

If you don't have the files on your iPhone (they show up only in the Spotify app and are greyed out), then unfortunately I don't think it would be possible, since the app most likely has cached some of the songs' metadata like artist and title, but the core data is missing.

Still, you can try replacing the old files with new ones by downloading them on your laptop again from the original source, then uploading them on your iPhone. This article will guide you through the process.

Hope you get this sorted out. Cheers!

YordanModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a "Like".
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

Suggested posts