Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

WHY IS THE QUEUE LIMITED TO ONLY 50 (or 81) SONGS WHEN I HAVE 700+ IN MY PLAYLIST !!!!!

WHY IS THE QUEUE LIMITED TO ONLY 50 (or 81) SONGS WHEN I HAVE 700+ IN MY PLAYLIST !!!!!

Why am I not allowed to enjoy my playlist in its entirety

You ridiculous limit means that I am always listening to the same fifty songs : USELESS !!!!

Your interface because of this limit is absolutely worthless and source of immense frustration

What is the point of having a playlist if you have limited my use of it ???

Basically I paying you so that you can prevent me from listening to my music ?

Why use a paid service when I could do this for free and not be limited at all ?

This makes me want to change my music app; which is what I am currently looking into

Thanks you for making be believe that Spotify was a user friendly application 

Now that I have used it it feels like a chinese or russian app where I am prevented from using it as I please because OF COURSE, you know BETTER DON'T YOU ?

Signed a dissatisfied user, soon to be ex user

I don't wish you anything for making my appreciation of music so unpleasant and restricted 

99 Replies

since november and still no solution, done with this app.

I'm having a big problem with this when listening to everything by an artist.

(Playlists are behaving exactly as everyone above said - only 81 are showing, but the queue updates to do the whole playlist as it goes.)

With artists (as in, clicking the big play button on an artist's main page):

- On the web app, it's working the same as playlists - it takes a chunk of 81 (different each time), and then shows another in the queue each time one plays.

- THE PROBLEM: On my phone, it's only playing 81 songs by the artist, and not extending the queue. And the same 81 songs each time. This is...really frustrating. I like to explore artists this way.

Any settings I should try changing?

• I tried turning autoplay on (I usually have it off) and it didn't help.
  • I tried it with shuffle on and off, and same thing both times.

iPhone SE 2, iOS 16.3.1, Spotify 8.8.10.

This was happening on at least the previous Spotify and iOS updates, and idk if before that too.

(I have Premium.)

The artist I noticed this issue with is Aviators. Aurelio Voltaire also has enough songs to run into this.

With Desktop, it's working the way they said--you only see the first 81 songs but the queue beyond 81 is actually there.

But with mobile, it has taken them so long to fix. This is frustrating because I regularly go on long drives. I need to pre-select the music for the entire drive because it affects my mood and sanity. I cannot just stop anywhere, every so often to select the next 81 songs.

Please fix this.

Hi

I feel a little awkward discovering that I'm not the only one upset by this state of things

Thank you all for your contribubutions; it sometimes feels a little lonely when faced with such corporations

I'd like to make a suggestion if I may.

Since realizing the limits of the Spotify queue system I have actually ceased using the queue altogether

I simply place my cursor somewhere in my playlist and start my listening off from there

What is missing with this approach is a songmark (equivalent to a bookmark for books) enabling me to resume from where I last left off.

Ideally it would be great if this songmark could be shared amongst the devices to which I am logged in; allowing me to pursue my song playlist from the same point, whatever platform I choose to use

I believe the repetitiousness wouldn't be so flagrant if such a songmark was available to users

regards

yann

Any updates to the issue?

Hey folks,

We can confirm that the right teams have this currently on their backlog, however, we can't provide an exact date for when this will be addressed. Rest assured, we'll check back in here when we have any new information to share.

In the meantime, we suggest that you only queue a few songs at once.

Thanks for your patience! 

EniModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.

“Music acts like a magic key, to which the most tightly closed heart opens.”– Maria von Trapp

"in the meantime"? are you kidding us? this has been apparently happening since november and it's march... and great suggestion, thanks, as if you aren't forcing us to do that since the issue has begun... how unprofessional. 

Maybe, in the mean time, you should charge us less in light of an incomplete and unsatisfactory service ?

this still not being dealt with, what a travesty.

I was wondering what was going on, hope this gets fixed soon.

yea same hope this gets fixed soon it's been annoying being capped at 81 for over 2 months now

But they will NOT play without repeats. You won't get all 700+ songs without hearing some songs multiple times, I'm even as little as a 5 hour listening sessions

so are you doing anything? can we get a discount since your service isn't working properly for half a year now?

Amazing this has been going on since November and how many more people notice it, thought I was alone! It was the worst thing the other week going through a stroke of music exploration, I was hand picking songs from albums of new artists I kept branching off to, let me tell you I was **bleep** to notice that 20 minutes of adding maybe 50 songs to my existing queue was all for nothing. Couldn't remember most of what I was adding, I was cherry pickin. Gonna cancel my subscription for the first time in a year and in the meantime be checking this thread every so often.

Why is this problem still not fixed? What is the point in creating big playlists so I can randomly play my favourite songs when the queue only allows 81/50 songs and most of the tracks won't be played? This is so annoying! Fix that! It worked before.

still no fix? can you give us some refund or something? this is embarrassing.

yep been 3 months since this started and nothing, disappointing

Picture1.png

 How about this?  I have 880 songs, and the Queue even shows it is only playing 15.  I get tired of hearing the same songs far too often for it to be randomized.

@OscarDC wrote:

To continue investigating this issue, would you mind checking if it happens on the Web Player or the mobile app as well?

Isn't this why paid developers exist? Or are they too busy trying to meet ridiculous corporate demands to obsess over user engagement figures at the expense of an actually good user experience and a home page that isn't complete trash?

Regardless, I'm tired of this new norm from software companies where users are expected to provide free debugging for a service we're paying to use.

Man this sums it up perfectly. Wasting time on stupid **bleep** nobody wants (ie DJ and anything AI quite frankly) instead of fixing fundamental issues.

Suggested posts