Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

WHY IS THE QUEUE LIMITED TO ONLY 50 (or 81) SONGS WHEN I HAVE 700+ IN MY PLAYLIST !!!!!

WHY IS THE QUEUE LIMITED TO ONLY 50 (or 81) SONGS WHEN I HAVE 700+ IN MY PLAYLIST !!!!!

Why am I not allowed to enjoy my playlist in its entirety

You ridiculous limit means that I am always listening to the same fifty songs : USELESS !!!!

Your interface because of this limit is absolutely worthless and source of immense frustration

What is the point of having a playlist if you have limited my use of it ???

Basically I paying you so that you can prevent me from listening to my music ?

Why use a paid service when I could do this for free and not be limited at all ?

This makes me want to change my music app; which is what I am currently looking into

Thanks you for making be believe that Spotify was a user friendly application 

Now that I have used it it feels like a chinese or russian app where I am prevented from using it as I please because OF COURSE, you know BETTER DON'T YOU ?

Signed a dissatisfied user, soon to be ex user

I don't wish you anything for making my appreciation of music so unpleasant and restricted 

99 Replies

At least the DJ stuff is an optionally usable/ignorable feature that doesn't maliciously create a forced worse experience for users for the purpose of trapping them on the platform longer. Though I completely agree with you that the amount of time and resources they're dedicating to things like that is asinine when you consider the backlog of ideas, bugs, and incomplete features there are. I wouldn't mind them working on new features if:

• the ability to list all of an artists songs (and easily add them all to a playlist) were restored. 
  • folders could be created and managed from mobile.
  • folders could be played from mobile.
  • playlists weren't limited to 10,000 tracks after an idea to remove this limit already gained enough votes (see below).
  • the queue worked properly.
  • the new homepage wasn't absolute trash.
  • shuffle worked correctly instead of being yet another piece of algorithmic trash trying to maximize user engagement.
  • adding artists/albums/playlists as shortcuts on the launcher wasn't removed on Android.
  • etc.

I could literally go on for weeks.

Oh, and don't you dare tell me to go submit an Idea. As I've said in a previous comment elsewhere:

The Idea Exchange is a joke at best and a malicious tool that's used to pacify users by giving them an illusion of control at worst, and either way a pathetic substitute for a proper issue/feature request tracker. Spotify will do what they want.

Example: an idea was submitted to remove the track limit on playlists. The person submitting the idea specifically stated that the limit should be removed on all playlists, including—but not limited to—what was then called the "Songs" playlist (now called "Liked Songs") within your "Collection" (now your "Library"—this Idea is from 2014 and terminology has changed since). It gained enough votes within the required time frame to be implemented. Then, rather than implementing the actual idea which was submitted and voted for (removing all playlist caps), Spotify "implemented" the idea by removing the Liked Songs cap (playlists are still locked to 10,000 but you can like as many songs as you'd like now), closed the idea, and now demands that if you want the playlist cap removed, you should open another idea and hope it gets enough votes within their narrow time frame again, despite the fact that their users have already voted and clearly stated that they want this. 

If you want a real treat, go browse the closed Ideas. Starting from page two, you'll see Idea after Idea requesting that the old home page UI be restored. They're all closed because of a nonsensical rule that "Requests for complete roll-backs are not allowed." If you don't want users requesting complete roll-backs, then don't force atrocious changes down our throats when the initial feedback was clearly negative. A good number of those Ideas even specifically ask that the change not be reverted completely, but that users are given the option to choose which UI they want to use. All those are closed for the same reason too, despite not asking for complete roll-backs.

Spotify will keep doing whatever they want. If you want to participate in the illusion of control they give you, go right on ahead.

Edit: In case it wasn't clear, like 90% of those "you"s were directed at the general reader, not you specifically, @jmatcuhi.

At least the DJ stuff is an optionally usable/ignorable feature that doesn't maliciously create a forced worse experience for users for the purpose of trapping them on the platform longer. Though I completely agree with you that the amount of time and resources they're dedicating to things like that is asinine when you consider the backlog of ideas, bugs, and incomplete features there are. I wouldn't mind them working on new features if:

• the ability to list all of an artists songs (and easily add them all to a playlist) were restored. 
  • folders could be created and managed from mobile.
  • folders could be played from mobile.
  • playlists weren't limited to 10,000 tracks after an idea to remove this limit already gained enough votes (see below).
  • the queue worked properly.
  • the new homepage wasn't absolute trash.
  • shuffle worked correctly instead of being yet another piece of algorithmic trash trying to maximize user engagement.
  • adding artists/albums/playlists as shortcuts on the launcher wasn't removed on Android.
  • etc.

I could literally go on for weeks.

Oh, and don't you dare tell me to go submit an Idea. As I've said in a previous comment elsewhere:

The Idea Exchange is a joke at best and a malicious tool that's used to pacify users by giving them an illusion of control at worst, and either way a pathetic substitute for a proper issue/feature request tracker. Spotify will do what they want.

Example: an idea was submitted to remove the track limit on playlists. The person submitting the idea specifically stated that the limit should be removed on all playlists, including—but not limited to—what was then called the "Songs" playlist (now called "Liked Songs") within your "Collection" (now your "Library"—this Idea is from 2014 and terminology has changed since). It gained enough votes within the required time frame to be implemented. Then, rather than implementing the actual idea which was submitted and voted for (removing all playlist caps), Spotify "implemented" the idea by removing the Liked Songs cap (playlists are still locked to 10,000 but you can like as many songs as you'd like now), closed the idea, and now demands that if you want the playlist cap removed, you should open another idea and hope it gets enough votes within their narrow time frame again, despite the fact that their users have already voted and clearly stated that they want this. 

If you want a real treat, go browse the closed Ideas. Starting from page two, you'll see Idea after Idea requesting that the old home page UI be restored. They're all closed because of a nonsensical rule that "Requests for complete roll-backs are not allowed." If you don't want users requesting complete roll-backs, then don't force atrocious changes down our throats when the initial feedback was clearly negative. A good number of those Ideas even specifically ask that the change not be reverted completely, but that users are given the option to choose which UI they want to use. All those are closed for the same reason too, despite not asking for complete roll-backs.

Spotify will keep doing whatever they want. If you want to participate in the illusion of control they give you, go right on ahead.

Edit: In case it wasn't clear, like 90% of those "you"s were directed at the general reader, not you specifically, @jmatcuhi.

My workaround for this currently is to take my big playlists I usually put on shuffle and run them through on online randomizer that creates a new playlist with all the same tracks but...randomized. as long as you don't press shuffle in the app you at least don't have to hear repeats

@whitetyle wrote:

My workaround for this currently is to take my big playlists I usually put on shuffle and run them through on online randomizer that creates a new playlist with all the same tracks but...randomized. as long as you don't press shuffle in the app you at least don't have to hear repeats

A good measure of competence for any software company is to look at just how many unaffiliated third-party services exist to make your software properly perform basic functionality it should already do natively, and I'm having trouble thinking of a service with more third-party tools to perform basic functionality than Spotify.

Even outside of the context of this queue issue, the shuffle button doesn't actually shuffle.

---

Side note: In less than 45 minutes of searching, I've found over half a dozen Ideas asking for some removed feature to be brought back (textbook "complete roll-backs"), none of which were closed by Spotify, even after moderators commented on them. Some of those Ideas were submitted as recently as this week. And yet, all these (12345678910, and plenty more) Ideas asking for the old UI back get closed because apparently requesting "complete roll-backs" is against the rules? How much more proof do you need that Spotify will always just do whatever it wants, regardless of the Idea Exchange?

literally, any news on fixing this? time frame, refunds... ?

you give us a new ugly lay out where i can't enlarge the cover art and it's hard to find local files BUT you still can't fix this problem....

I've been encountering the same thing - even though my playlist is considerably longer, it's only playing 81 songs, and even though I had it on "random" it even seemed (but I'm not sure) to be replaying them in the same order, and once all 81 were done it was obviously only playing songs from those 81 (since every song was a repeat of one I'd heard just a couple hours earlier).
A few details: I was using the Spotify app on my Android phone (running Android 12), but when I tried queueing up a playlist on the website (from my laptop - running Windows 10 Pro v21H2) later it also had that 81-song limitation.

I've been experiencing this same frustrating issue.  I thought it was just my settings, but glad (not glad) to see everyone else has the same maddening issue.  I drive long road trips for work and want to hear my ENTIRE playlist on an 8 hour journey, but instead its the same 50-80 songs on repeat.  I spend more time skipping to the next song than I do listening to my damn music.  FIX THIS!

Thanks Much. Now I can relax 🙂

Queue limit has been in since January, no mod response in two months, to say I'm disappointed is just a bit of a understatement

I am also now having this issue since the recent Spotify update.

i've been having this issue since about march when spotify decided to update itself 😞 i'm autistic and like to queue/organize my music in a very specific way so this update has been really distressing for me. i wish they'd change it back!!

Time to switch to youtube music, my friends.

Good job on providing bs workarounds and remaining silent Spotify mods, **bleep** of a service.

another update and no change. anything from mods or are we supposed to live with 81 queue forever?

mods have gone quiet for months now, each update they add a bunch of useless stuff and don't fix or add stuff ppl actually want

Hi Yordan,

visible que reduced to 80 and still no working que above visible limit 5 months since you acknowledged the issue.

please grace us with an update,

Thanks

It is absolutely ridiculous that I am not allowed to comment my intention to ..C..A..N..C..E..L my ...Sub...Scription via an unseen block and I think the customer service spotify provides is ...T...E...R...R...I..B..L...E

Well that isn’t the case for me.  Less than 50 of my likes songs play over and over.  Not happy. 

When I browse through my queue, it's the same 50 songs or so recurring. I didn't even ask for any of these songs to be added to the queue. I have over 400 songs in this Playlist. How do I get it to where it'll cycle through my entire Playlist instead of the 40 or 50 songs in a queue I never planned? 

on the desktop version you can literally play any song you want in any order as long as you have the app downloaded

Suggested posts