Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

[Web Player] Disable recommendation autoplay at the end of albums

[Web Player] Disable recommendation autoplay at the end of albums

I submitted this idea already last week and your moderator response was completely beside the point. This is about a web player issue and your moderator answered that this issue doesn't exist on Desktop or Mobile (see screencap). I know that. I want the option to ALSO APPEAR ON WEB PLAYER. Is this clear enough, this time?

Initial submission text:

Albums are set works created by the artists with a definite end in mind. Spotify should not force the listener to listen to some other song from the artist when an album ends. For some reason, this "recommendations" autoplay was added some months ago and it ruins the album experience.

Also, by playing music the listener wasn't planning to play, you increase their carbon footprint.

Disable this feature nobody asked for or, at the very least, allow us to disable it in settings, just like we were always able to do in the phone app.

Capture d’écran 2022-02-14 à 11.20.16.png
5 Replies

Hi @CirrusMinor,

Thanks for your Idea submissions.

We've moved your Idea post to the Help Boards.

You should be able to stop Autoplay at the end of Albums by turning it off on the Desktop app. Go to Settings > Autoplay > There you'll see the setting Autoplay Similar Songs when your music ends on other devices. When you switch this off, Autoplay will stop on the Web Player and other smart speakers and third party devices, which support this option. 

Let us know if this works for you. If Autoplay in the Web player continues even after switching this setting off, we'll do our best to figure out why this is happening on your end.

Keep us posted on how you get on.

AlexModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

Hi I understand it's supposed to be account tied but so far I've turned off autoplay in the desktop app a few times and still it keeps autoplaying on the web app. Tried turning it on, restarting, turning it off, still autoplays. Logged off and on from the web player, still autoplays. Cleaned cache and hard reloaded, still autoplays. Tried a different browser, still autoplays.

Please help 🙂

Hi @Cyatek, thanks for getting back to us!

Good troubleshooting so far, there are a few more things we can try to get to the bottom of this.

You should be able to see the option to turn Autoplay off from your mobile device as well, could you give that a shot to see if it works better?

We'll also need to know if it auto-plays when you stream music via desktop and mobile, or if this happens only with the web player?

Keep us in the loop here! 

ElenaModerator
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

Turns out it was my fault, I hadn't realized my desktop app was out of date making it lack the setting to turn off autoplay on all devices, which I found out existed when installing the android app.

I appreciate the quick non-automated support 🙂

(would still be cool to have the setting on the web player itself though)

Hi there @Cyatek,

Thank you for your reply and confirmation.

We're super glad that everything works as it should for you 🙂

There's currently an idea - [Web Player] Autoplay similar songs on the Web Browser version of Spotify. You can leave a +VOTE and Subscribe to the idea for any updates regarding this.

Regarding ideas with the status Closed - Not Enough Votes - they are still getting monitored by Spotify. Folks can still add their votes and comments in order to support it. We'll update it, once it gets the required votes.

Let us know if we can help you with anything else 🙂

Take care!

JeremyModerator
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Live, love, laugh and listen to music 🙂

Suggested posts