Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

When did Liking a song and adding to the Library became the same thing?

When did Liking a song and adding to the Library became the same thing?

I have always made use of the 'Like Song' feature to build a carefully curated Playlist.

I'm not a playlist guy, I don't like building playlists. But I really enjoyed my 'Liked Songs' playlist.

Then one day I saw that this playlists that had about 150 songs, now had more than 3000. Suddenly, every single album I had EVER added to my library was a Liked Song. May playlist was ruined.

When did this happen? Was it a bug or Spotify weirdly decided that these ARE now the exact same thing (they always had the same icon, the green heart)?

Please tell me this is a bug.

10 Replies

Hi @cdechery 

Thank you for reaching out to the Community. Would you kindly give me a screenshot of your issue/problem? I would greatly appreciate it. Thanks.

Looking out for your replies.

Same thing happened to me.

I have since cleared all albums from the playlist, so I have nothing to show.

But it is easy to picture. Just imagine a playlist with dozens and dozens of FULL albums. That is what my 'Liked Songs' playlist was turned into.

Hey there @cdechery and @Tracerclone,

Thanks for reaching out to the Community! We understand how having your Liked Songs playlist disarranged might cause some frustration.

Since the new Library experience was introduced, linking an album no longer saves all song therein to your Liked Songs playlist. It should instead be saved to your library under Albums Could you please test it out and see if it indeed functions like that at your end? If that's not the case, it's possible that some of the apps files have gotten corrupted and are causing such behavior. This can usually be resolved by performing a clean reinstall.

If that doesn't fix things, could you let us know if this happens across multiple device? This would help us out in narrowing down the possible causes of the issue.

Hope this helps. Keep us posted on how it goes.  

Mihail Moderator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

So, I think the problem is in fact two problems.

There was a brief change in the interface that caused some confusion. The green heart that appears on albums equated to "Liking all songs from this album". Now it is back to just "Add to Library".

So in this period (perhaps in the middle of some A/B testing), I "added" some albums and they were sent in full to my Liked Songs. But there was another weird thing, because there were so many albums on my Liked Song playlist that it couldn't possibly be because I "added" that much albums, there were some very old and forgotten albums in there.

I think it is OK now, but at the time of writing this post, the green heart was still "Liking all songs".

Hey there @cdechery,

Thanks for your post.

At one point liking an album added all of the songs from that album to your Liked songs automatically. Currently liking an album adds it only under Your Library > Albums and not to your liked songs.

Since we're constantly trying to improve the user experience, you might notice changes to the functionality and the interface of the app. Some of these changes remain in the app if more users like them, and some changes, like the Album to Liked songs don't.

Don't hesitate to reach out in the Community if you have more questions.

AlexModerator
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

Spotify does it;s own thing if it wants to take a song off your playlist it will Spotify needs to respect its subscribers but IT DOES NOT

So what's the difference between the two? I see the benefit of liking all the songs in an album because they are added to my Liked Songs playlist, but why would I add an album to my library? 

Hey @ashcrafty

Thanks for reaching out about this. 

If you like an album, it'll be saved in Your Library > Albums, so you can easily access to it. 

However, if you only like a few songs from an album, you can like them individually and they'll be saved in your Liked Songs

If you have any questions, just let us know. 

EniModerator
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.

“Music acts like a magic key, to which the most tightly closed heart opens.”– Maria von Trapp

Suggested posts