Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Why can't I add all tracks from an album to my liked tracks at once?

Why can't I add all tracks from an album to my liked tracks at once?

Plan

Premium

I want to add all tracks of an album at once when liking it. The option seems gone. Do you really expect me to add every track manually in the app? I hope there is a solution I overlooked.

3 Replies

Hey @hoogerj, welcome to the Spotify Community!

If you want to add an entire album to a playlist or the liked songs, you can follow these steps:

1. Open the album you want to add.
  2. Click the 3 dots context menu.
  3. Select add to playlist.
  4. Pick the playlist of your choice, or liked songs in this case.

That should add all the tracks to your liked songs. Let me know if you need more help with this.

AmayySpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

Hi @amayy, 

Thanks for the reply! What I meant is: when I like an album, Spotify used to place all the tracks of that album under the artist. So if i like four albums of a certain band, I would go to the artist, click 'you liked 48 songs of this artist' and then press shuffle. Now when I like albums of a certain artist, it only saves the album. The individual tracks of those albums are not visible anymore (making it impossible to e.g. shuffle all the tracks of multiple albums or play several albums in one go)

Making playlist is a good workaround, but also a bit cumbersome, I think.

Thanks again!

Hey @hoogerj thanks for the prompt reply.

I tried to replicate this behaviour. I saved an album and tried to shuffle it from the liked section under the artist page. It shuffled the liked tracks and not the saved album. Spotify often tests new changes and updates. It is possible that this is one of those changes.

You can read more about it here. If you have another idea and want to share your thoughts, feel free to create an idea on the Ideas Board.

If you want to save the albums to a playlist, here is a quick way to do that:

1. Open the Spotify desktop app or the web player.
  2. Create a folder with any name you like.
  3. From the desktop app, you can drag and drop albums into the folder. This creates a playlist with the album name automatically.
  4. You can continue adding albums to that playlist using the other Spotify apps.

The reason I mentioned the desktop app is that it allows you to create folders. This way you can create organized (nested) folder setup.

For anything else, don't hesitate to ask in the Community!

AmayySpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

Suggested posts